Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My photos, per request.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blindmist View Post
    And comments like this is what discourage people from even caring. I wasn't taking the photo to a high standard, and so it should not be judged to such. There are much better ways to make your points without the attitude you present. Secondly I wasn't making excuses. I was explaining how I got the shot with what I had. There was no excuse, its just background to the picture. I don't even know what lens I would need to get a picture with the tree to not be there.
    Good point, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    Grow thicker skin or don't show your work. Life isn't about rainbows and butterflies and I'm not going to hold your hand and bullshit you.

I wasn't holding you to any standard other than that of a properly exposed and framed picture. You were not judged on artistic merit, in fact you weren't judged at all actually. There is a right way, and a wrong way and it's as simple as that.

There is nothing wrong with the critique you got and everything wrong with your attitude. Learn to take criticism and grow from it. Don't get defensive, don't make excuses, and don't claim that someone else killed your drive. You think I like every critique I get? Hell no.. Suck it up and use it as fuel to do better next time..

If you want a copy of Understanding Exposure I'll give you one of mine.
    So you were holding him to a standard.

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    yea...noted:
    if exposure is off don't say anything.
    if framing is off don't say anything.
    if wb is off and there are objects growing out of the subject say nothing.

wait..if i say nothing however will he learn? you do him disservice by not helping him learn.

p.s. don't chided me llike i told the guy his pics suck, i told him about the flaws so he could learn. wtf did you guys do cept tell him he did good? There is no rule about critique and i was respectful and tried to help him. so...until there is a rule against either, please brothers save your chiding please.
    Say something that could change that picture. Pretend he knows what you know about photography and then tell me something that could have been done.

I don't get it--he didn't ask you to teach him, yet I see this argument that you are trying to.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Macky's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    let it go guys. just peer behind the camera and take shots that way

'13 Evolution MR
    '12 Lancer Sportback

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0 SUTHNR's Avatar
    Owner Since
    March 1996

Thanks
    Oh the drama! Leave it to a bunch of people with cameras to ruffle feathers! LOL

My thoughts are if you post pictures in forums or facebook or wherever, expect anything in return: comments, fan mail, hate mail, criticism, constructive criticism, the ban stick, whatever! Especially if said pictures are anything remotely tied to "samples of my pictures/photography" versus snapshots of "look at my dog" or "check out this ricer".

I take pictures because I enjoy it. I have taken about 250,000 pictures since I went digital back in 2000 (imagine the film + development savings! HAHA!).

Heck, I don't even know where this post is going. It's late and I'm tired so here's a picture I uploaded using the 3SGTO file upload/attachment utility to test it out...

Attachment 950

Happy shooting!
    EricB

Eric "SUTHNR" Bowden's Garage
    * 1993 Dodge Stealth R/T - NG09 & NG14 Best All-Round 3S TWICE!! - NA POWA!!
    The 222 HP Stereo... The MOST modified slowest naturally aspirated FWD Stealth out there.
    * 2008 Toyota Tundra Pick'm'up Truck
    Mods: Right Foot FTW!
    * 2010 Toyota Corolla
    Mods: The Wife FTW!
    * My stereo site lives here: The 222 HP Stereo...
    * My personal venture:

Edgy Elegance Photography - Weddings, Home Sales, Automotive, etc!

* I love taking and creating Panorama Pictures: Check out my Panorama Gallery
    * The 3000GT/Stealth Collectibles Site: Ultimate 3S Collectibles Archive
    * Visit 3SX for record setting parts at www.3SX.com

NG10 Pics LOADED!

3SX 1/4 Mile Times
    3SX T2 FWD 3S 10.19 @ 140.31
    3SX T4 AWD 3S 9.214 @ 154.98
    Also T4 AWD 3S 9.339 @ 159.23

3SX twitter | 3SX FaceBook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123