Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: My photos, per request.

  1. #1
    Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) blindmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    698
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts

    My photos, per request.

    This was the original that started it. I figured I would pick a few more from when I was using a camera. Here you go beepbepp


    http://imgur.com/vAT5m.jpg

    http://imgur.com/9P0SO.jpg

    http://imgur.com/psnd5.jpg

    http://imgur.com/L2Um8.jpg

    http://imgur.com/qZlpy.jpg

    http://imgur.com/HIdo3.jpg

  2. #2
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Macky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Location
    California
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    love the R8. for someone who doesn't shoot a lot, your pictures look real good!

    '13 Evolution MR
    '12 Lancer Sportback

  3. #3
    Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) blindmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    698
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    love the R8. for someone who doesn't shoot a lot, your pictures look real good!
    Thanks! I learned from my brother. He sat down and showed me exactly what did what and what everything meant. The only reason those are any good is because of him.

    Here is one of my favorites of my brothers.

    Last edited by blindmist; 09-19-2010 at 02:15 AM.

  4. #4
    Chris said ninjas don't fall down. Feedback Score 0
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    7/07/07

    Location
    Driving Chris back.
    Posts
    616
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 103 Times in 68 Posts
    Very nice. There are certain photographers whose work really catches my eye, while others just look like average pictures. I really like the first one and then rear of the R8. Thanks for indulging me and don't be afraid to shoot some more.

  5. #5
    The Infamous Mr. Chocolate Feedback Score 0 AudibleSilence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    D Fawkin' W
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
    r8 picture 1 has a tree growing out of the car.
    r8 picture 2 has clutter in the background (powerlines, airplane, parking lot, etc).
    Both pictures are underexposed.

    You don't shoot a lot but your framing isn't half bad. Mind your background, mind the environment your subject is in. The background should complement your subject not take away from it. Watch your light meter and don't shoot in mid-day sun if you can avoid it, as it will wash your photos.

  6. #6
    Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) blindmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    698
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    r8 picture 1 has a tree growing out of the car.
    r8 picture 2 has clutter in the background (powerlines, airplane, parking lot, etc).
    Both pictures are underexposed.

    You don't shoot a lot but your framing isn't half bad. Mind your background, mind the environment your subject is in. The background should complement your subject not take away from it. Watch your light meter and don't shoot in mid-day sun if you can avoid it, as it will wash your photos.
    Ahh see. coming here to talk shit. lol jk.

    I literally had the camera for maybe 2 days at this point, right before I was going off throughout the country. I was mainly wanting to just get pictures to remind me of something I did on my 21st more than anything else. I tried, thats about all I can say. Also, it was at a dealership, and I was just some punk kid taking pictures, it's not like I could get them to move the cars location to change the scenery for my picture. They wouldn't even open the engine bay for one of the Ferrari's that was already not shut all the way.

    I have noticed how limited you can be with an 18-55mm lens though. I will eventually end up getting something that is worthwhile to shoot with when I am in a much better financial situation. Most likely will be when I settle down with a woman, if that ever happens.

  7. #7
    The Infamous Mr. Chocolate Feedback Score 0 AudibleSilence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    D Fawkin' W
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blindmist View Post
    Ahh see. coming here to talk shit. lol jk.

    I literally had the camera for maybe 2 days at this point, right before I was going off throughout the country. I was mainly wanting to just get pictures to remind me of something I did on my 21st more than anything else. I tried, thats about all I can say. Also, it was at a dealership, and I was just some punk kid taking pictures, it's not like I could get them to move the cars location to change the scenery for my picture. They wouldn't even open the engine bay for one of the Ferrari's that was already not shut all the way.

    I have noticed how limited you can be with an 18-55mm lens though. I will eventually end up getting something that is worthwhile to shoot with when I am in a much better financial situation. Most likely will be when I settle down with a woman, if that ever happens.
    Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 non-vc is a good replacement for $350 or so. It has comparable quality to the 17-55mm f/2.8 IS from Canon.

    Don't ever make excuses bro. Your shots are your shots... They were the best you could do at the time, so don't knock or make excuses for yourself. All we can do is learn and grow. I am always suspect of people that have nothing but nice things to say about my work. Either they aren't looking, or they don't know wtf they are talking about. There is ALWAYS room to grow, learn, improve, and get better..and no one has it ALL figured out.

  8. #8
    Chris said ninjas don't fall down. Feedback Score 0
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    7/07/07

    Location
    Driving Chris back.
    Posts
    616
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 103 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    I am always suspect of people that have nothing but nice things to say about my work. Either they aren't looking, or they don't know wtf they are talking about. There is ALWAYS room to grow, learn, improve, and get better..and no one has it ALL figured out.
    Keep in mind that people looking might not always be moved or impressed by what someone else is. There are certain qualities and a feel that a photo has to have for me to be taken by it, regardless of it's intentions. I don't compliment every photo I see, only the ones that I like. I don't over analyze too many things. To me, as an average Jane who appreciates a good picture, I will see different things than someone like you, who shoots and studies and well as appreciates another's work. Make sense? Beauty...beholder kinda thing.

  9. #9
    Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) blindmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    698
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    Don't ever make excuses bro. Your shots are your shots... They were the best you could do at the time, so don't knock or make excuses for yourself. All we can do is learn and grow. I am always suspect of people that have nothing but nice things to say about my work. Either they aren't looking, or they don't know wtf they are talking about. There is ALWAYS room to grow, learn, improve, and get better..and no one has it ALL figured out.
    And comments like this is what discourage people from even caring. I wasn't taking the photo to a high standard, and so it should not be judged to such. There are much better ways to make your points without the attitude you present. Secondly I wasn't making excuses. I was explaining how I got the shot with what I had. There was no excuse, its just background to the picture. I don't even know what lens I would need to get a picture with the tree to not be there.

  10. #10
    The Infamous Mr. Chocolate Feedback Score 0 AudibleSilence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    D Fawkin' W
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    Keep in mind that people looking might not always be moved or impressed by what someone else is. There are certain qualities and a feel that a photo has to have for me to be taken by it, regardless of it's intentions. I don't compliment every photo I see, only the ones that I like. I don't over analyze too many things. To me, as an average Jane who appreciates a good picture, I will see different things than someone like you, who shoots and studies and well as appreciates another's work. Make sense? Beauty...beholder kinda thing.
    Taste varies, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but a blown shot is a blown shot.

    I get your point in so far as what moves you but I'm sorry I disagree with telling someone a shot is good when it's not because it doesn't help them grow. The average Joe may think a photo is decent or even good, but the average Joe may or may not know dick about photography and thus their opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

    Pointing out flaws has little or nothing to do with appreciation of work, just as appreciation of the work has little or nothing to do with it being good. This is not specific to this thread or these pics but in general.

    I never ask if folks like a shot, I ask what is wrong with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Resources
3000GT / Stealth / GTO / Multi-site Classifieds
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive