Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great turbo upgrade company for CHEAP!!!!!!!! MIDWEST TURBO CONNECTION

Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    Midwest did not build Mikes turbo's, they were already prebuilt, assembled, and balanced. Only reason why he had to jack with them is Mike damaged one of the seals when he was dicking with it. Since midwest was doing the machine work they went ahead and resealed and rebalanced the turbos cause Mike was worried about possibly doing something which might have damaged the turbo. It was his first time taking a turbo apart two new seals and rebalance was a piece of mind.

Billet 19T and 35lb (almost a 50 trim wheel) compressor wheels can be added to this setup for another $400-700 depending on whose wheel and which wheel you want to buy. The compressor side machine work is roughly $200 in parts and labor BTW.

I started building my own turbos way back when I needed a rebuild and my lowest quote for one turbo was $600. I said screw that... I can buy complete built and balanced chira's for $500 bucks without the compressor and have hal do the machine work I need be. It was kinda one of those things like building an engine or gearbox. Watch, do, teach. Then it's like riding a bike.

Rebuilding TD-04's is foolish, that's a $500-$600 deal each. You can buy two new ones for that. It's better to pay someone precision minded a little more to balance and do ant machine work if need be.

Call it cheap or whatever... yah, that "mitsu price increase" awhile back... what a crock of shit! If you monitor your control there is nothing wrong with doin things this way. Many will argue the latter and say, hey I run "X" vendors turbos and they are proven. Well, so are these. I have the same set as these right here and currently am stuffing 22psi down them on 91 octane pump gas. I can do that because I trust them, and I trust my own professional training with tuning. Do the math... when you put it all together it makes sense and saves it. Some call it CHEAP and it makes me laugh LOL, really! 9 times out of 10 the peple talking shit don't even have a running car or even close to the power output I have accomplished on these turbos with 91 octane pump gas and.or E-85. LOL, 600ft/lb at the wheel on $800 bolt on turbos and Mike and I are both the idiots.

Call me and Mike penny pinchers or whatever. No one here is trying to take food off the table for vendors. Seriously though, if your a vendor bitching about someone else sourcing TD-04 turbos and those are your money makers than get a life and a clue... there's no money there and you'll be bankrupt soon unless you are selling something else and doing tunes and service.

Anyway, cheers to Midwest for the precision work and good customer service.

Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Screw 3si for them deleting a thread that is obviously helpful to the platform as a whole. That ought to teach you to stop posting over there!

Thanks for posting this. Keep us posted on how your setup works out for you. I've heard a lot of good things about Midwest lately.

VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i have never heard midwest compard with LMI or any other bad name. i have only heard positive things about them. every time a hear a thread on them, its very positive and encouraging!

you all will be the people i use on any turbo rebuilds in the future (hopefully i wont need any though!).
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    the one comparing them was Matt monet. He was being a dick.(as was I). I called him out and he just kept going. I finally tried to squash it and tell him my numbers and this is what he put.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeSkinner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin'sVr4

Oh, i am currently at 540whp and 605trq o@ 22psi on my 19T cheepies haha just kiddin
    congrats your still below were 19T's were 5 yrs ago, on a stock motor, with a piggy back and Gas not E85.

I would love to see some dynojet numbers, because those mustang dynos can be made to ready what ever the operator wants them to. I have just seen so much funny business with other brands of dynos over the yrs that Dynojets are the only ones I trust, you CANT alter the numbers.

I truly hope you get more life out of your turbos then you did out of you last few sets. good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeSkinner
    Why let my response go to waist after I had tiped it all. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin'sVr4 View Post
    first dont twist my words around. I have tons of short buddies. im 6'2 also and wasnt talking about your height! rly3:
    lol you really want to go there?

Matt, just get over it, i pissed you off by talking about prices from another company, im not a vendor and didnt know the rules. you said you dont sell 19T's so you werent worried about it taking away from your business, SO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU KEEP RESPONDING BEING A FUCKING TOOL BOX?
    Just like in the LMI thread, I was trying to protect 3si members from being taken for a ride. I got bashed just like this in that thread. And look were it got them?

People that buy turbos from me are not people that would even think of buying the "cheep turbo of the week". So believe me your cheapy turbo up grade and the 100's of them that came before you do not worry me one bit. They always come and go, and always will. But I'm still here, offering quality parts to the people that cant afford to buy junk.

just stop responding.
    But why? it's so much fun seeing you get all huffy.

ENJOY your cars and stories and be a legend in your own mind. Because lets face it, you are a legend in your OWN mind. :supergay:
    There goes your inferiority complex again. I'm just a regular, down to earth high school drop out, that loves fast cars.

1/4 mile 11.80 @117mph. 551whp 641trq @ 26psi E85 tune, MTC 19T-HLs, forge 15psi spring wastegates, 780 PTE inj, 3SX Fuel loop, ss fuel lines, Engine built by Laniers Speed shop, block bored .060 w/ chromolly rings, weisco pistons, 3sx custom forged rods, forged crank, HKS DLI, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO wideband, prosport oil and boost guages, aeromotive 1000 FPR, Dejon blow thru twintakes, Walbro E85 400 w/ 3sx hotwire kit and custom an fitting fuel pump w/ STM filter to pump line, CXRacing FMIC, Megan Racing Aluminum radiator, IPS custom downpipe, Borla 3" exhaust,Greddy profec b spec II EBC, Blitz SS BOV,R1 Drilled slotted rotors, Drag DR-31 rims, RPS stage 4 unsprung clutch,

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    See how long this site has companies that will PAY to be site sponsors if competing companies get free advertisement/marketing... I mean hell why pay to advertise. We know 3si doesn't "need" money, but I'm sure sponsor money helps keep this forum afloat.

I know the cost to be a site sponsor on here is nowhere NEAR the cost of 3si, but what Midwest Turbo doesn't have marketing/advertisement as a business expense?

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    april, do you personally pay for 3si and 3sgto? No? then why keep sticking your nose in this. I am giving free exceptional props for a company that actually is out for the gains of our platform at great discounts. Sry if you are contracted to personally justify what is right or wrong for vendors. if Alan tells me to not tell the members here about great service and products I have personally had experience with then I wont post anymore. Thats the difference between this site and the doucheweazels at 3si.

Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Matt was being kind of a dbag there, but I can understand his cynicism given the track record of companies like LMI that offered the same services. At the end of the day, DR offers some fantastic products, but I think he should let his record speak for itself instead of posting about it in your thread.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    lol i know. Ok, i dont mean to bash any vendor especially Matt. he does have amazing turbos I just think they are a little exceessivly priced. But, thats my opinion, I can have one right? It is america still right?? Freedom of speech, press, what ever. I never said his turbos were shit, ever. Just a tad more than i thought they should be. But anways, all i intended to do was just give priase to Midwest. They never in no way talked shit about DR or anyone elses turbos. I dont know where that came from, but they are good people. I undertand everyone is out to make money, isnt everyone, but i just think tact needs to be alittle more upfront. hell, maybe matt is a smartass more than i am(tough tho ) but i think there is a ime and place. I just dont like how every single time he post in a thread he can hijack it with my turbos are for sale, 2 sets ready to go. Just kinda annoying.

I'm Kind Of A Big Deal
    Owner Since

Thanks
    For the cost of new td04's, in all honesty, his pricing isn't far off the ball (I can't speak for any other turbos he offers). td04's (13g's) are ridiculously expensive brand new, and you can not even really get them now (the basis for all of the upgraded td04 turbos out there).

Building out of the stock 9b's is the only option available now unless you have a large stock of 13g's sitting on the shelf, which I'm sure he does (or did).

*NEW* td04's are just not an option anymore, until a chinese knock off is produced. We did send some of our 9b's out so they could be shipped to china to be copied, it's just kind of a waiting game now...
    Circa 2005... Oh my, how far I've come
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilie@GZP View Post
    gear wrenches = wrench with the spinny thing inside of the circle part?
    Current:
    2004 ML500 - Mommy Mobile
    1996 Ram 2500 V10 - Tow Vehicle
    1991 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo - Pink Parts, Billet GZP 747's
    1995 3000GT VR-4 - lawn gnome
    1999 3000GT SL - 7,436 miles
    1995 3000GT Spyder - garage ornament

FOR SALE:
    1995 3000GT Spyder VR-4 Red, 80k miles

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dbest671 View Post
    See how long this site has companies that will PAY to be site sponsors if competing companies get free advertisement/marketing... I mean hell why pay to advertise. We know 3si doesn't "need" money, but I'm sure sponsor money helps keep this forum afloat.

I know the cost to be a site sponsor on here is nowhere NEAR the cost of 3si, but what Midwest Turbo doesn't have marketing/advertisement as a business expense?
    What? Nobody is advertising. He is getting flak for giving his opinion on a company. A personal review. Are you trying to say that if I went to Discount Tire and bought some tires and posted about how enjoyable the experience was that it would be a big deal?

Needing to be a paid advertiser for somebody to post about good service is laughable and makes ZERO sense.