Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Kids - do you plan on having them

Here for the party Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    In your previous post you didn't mention that they were welfare cases. I would agree with you in that mind set. But I also realize that perfectly good and responsible parents can fall on hard times, its nothing to sit back and laugh at. I am not for welfare but am strongly for neighbor helping neighbor. Judging your previous post it doesn't sound like you would help your neighbor. Maybe I am wrong.
    And I dont think you should be forced by the government to help anyone. Just think you are awful self centered if you think others hard times are funny and wouldn't be willing to help them. My philosophy has always been that I will help those who help themselves. Most of us go through tough times and I am more than willing to help out others but only if they are trying to better their situation on their own as well.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
    In your previous post you didn't mention that they were welfare cases. I would agree with you in that mind set. But I also realize that perfectly good and responsible parents can fall on hard times, its nothing to sit back and laugh at. I am not for welfare but am strongly for neighbor helping neighbor. Judging your previous post it doesn't sound like you would help your neighbor. Maybe I am wrong.
    And I dont think you should be forced by the government to help anyone. Just think you are awful self centered if you think others hard times are funny and wouldn't be willing to help them. My philosophy has always been that I will help those who help themselves. Most of us go through tough times and I am more than willing to help out others but only if they are trying to better their situation on their own as well.
    i grew up in indiana. i heard endless stories about GM employees who were being laid off from their $65/hr. jobs and crying about how they were going to pay the bills. i have ZERO sympathy for people being paid disproportionately (more) than their utilized skills--especially when these people fall on hard times.

i don't ask for handouts. i didn't ask for handouts/charity when i was jobless. my education was paid for by ME. when my house flooded in 2008, I handled it. i keep money in my savings account for emergencies. i don't live with debt on my credit cards. i don't give or expect assistance. i am owed nothing; i owe nothing.

i think its funny when people are living beyond their means and fall on hard times. even IF you have a good paying job, taking that income for granted and not stocking away funds for hard-times is just stupid. in my experience, the only people that end up in a bind (kids or no kids) are the people who aren't:

1. properly managing their money and saving for emergencies

or

2. shouldn't be having kids in the first place

p.s.

i am self centered. selfish, self interested, and self centered. it is the only way to live without existing in dichotomy. it is how i must live. if this is how i am perceived on here, then i will accept it as a compliment.

Roo fuckers anonymous verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    but imho, if you can't be 100% certain that you can adequately provide for kids PERIOD--then you shouldn't have them.
    Looks like you haven't changed at all. Here's the thing genius, you remember that thing your country is still currently going thru called the GEC? (global economic crisis) Have you heard any of the thousands apon thousands of stories where people who had been working for years, like 10 plus and had to be let go because the company couldn't afford to keep them on? Or what about those people who have a partner that gets sick so the other half has to quit work to be home with them to support the family? Life is never certain. I think we can put your post in with the hundreds of others that lack any clue or experience. Just stick to reviewing auto's mate.

Scotty

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GTO Assassin View Post
    Looks like you haven't changed at all. Here's the thing genius, you remember that thing your country is still currently going thru called the GEC? (global economic crisis) Have you heard any of the thousands apon thousands of stories where people who had been working for years, like 10 plus and had to be let go because the company couldn't afford to keep them on? Or what about those people who have a partner that gets sick so the other half has to quit work to be home with them to support the family? Life is never certain. I think we can put your post in with the hundreds of others that lack any clue or experience. Just stick to reviewing auto's mate.

Scotty
    life shits on everyone. failure to plan accordingly makes you culpable...not me.

i'm sure you'll all rejoice in hearing me say this, but i'm going to say it for posterity anyway:

if i become victim of a costly illness, i will eliminate myself before i allow myself to become a drain on others. euthanasia should not only be legalized, the definition of it should be expanded to a much broader spectrum. i'm not condoning involuntary purges of certain parts of the population--but i do feel that anyone and everyone who wants to be free of the mortal coil should not be impeded from doing so of their own volition. in fact, we should offer assistance in that vein.