Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GoPro Cameras

Forum User Feedback Score 2 (100%) Maximal's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

GoPro Cameras

For you guys at BRG that saw the camera I was rocking you know how awesome thing thing is. For everyone else it's a small camera that mounts to you vehicle multiple ways allowing you to take video from anywhere on/in your car. With the mounts that are included and additional ones they offer you can mount it pretty much anywhere.

It shoots up to 1080P video and is smaller than most point and shoot film cameras let alone video cameras.

Here's a video I shot with it at BRG...keep in mind YouTube does degrade the quality some. This was also shot on the 720P setting...

I have the HD motorsports package up on my site at the moment. The company offers a few other setups (mainly mounting differences) and also a standard def camera. They're not on the site as of yet but will be shortly along with a bunch of accessories for them.

http://www.maximalperformance.com/st...ewCat&catId=29

Let me know if you guys have any questions or interest in the other cameras/accessories.

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Have you had any problems downloading your vids? I just got mine before the NG and the videos play fine when directly played from the camera, but when I download them to a PC, they become choppy and pixelated. Just wondering if you have any tips to help me get the vids out to the world.

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Sounds like it might be a PC issue with it not having enough power to play the videos...seems weird if you play them directly from the camera they work fine though.

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) terrets's Avatar
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    I may have to get one for my birthday

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximal View Post
    Sounds like it might be a PC issue with it not having enough power to play the videos...seems weird if you play them directly from the camera they work fine though.
    I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong when downloading the vids to my PC. I know my PC has plenty of power. I'm not at my PC right now, but it's a top of the line Gateway that's about 2 years old. Maybe I don't have the latest version of Quicktime, and that's what it want's to default to. They won't play on Windows Media Player, but that's what I use for my regular vids.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Try VLC media player.

JNS Engineering verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jimvr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Do you have Windows XP? It does not have an MPEG2 decoder built in. Vista and Win7 fixed this as they licensed one for distribution. Once you get a good video decoder then Media Player can use it. I recommend NVidia Pure Video Decoder. Get the Windows video decoder check utility and it will let you pair an installed decoder with Media Player. VLC has a built in MPEG2 decoder but it's not the best.

Mod list (scroll down the page)
    JNS Engineering has your Spyders covered (and uncovered too!!)

Owner Since

Thanks
    I just realized that the 2 vids I downloaded to my laptop are fine, so it's something on my PC that's screwing up my GoPro vids. Fortunately, I haven't deleted anything from my memory cards, so I'll have to download the rest to my laptop.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) Erron Spalsbury's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    These are the greatest things ever! I have the motorsports kit and a few other mods as well. I use this thing for everything.

I recorded and made a movie from our race, the Chumpcar 24 hour at PPIR a few weeks ago. This is a good comparison. The front facing camera is the gopro hd. The rear facing camera is my buddies high-end Sony Hd. (about 1500 bucks worth of camera)
    Have a look, watch the hd version. The actual video starts about 30 seconds in and toggles between the two cameras a few times in the vid. I recommend these to anyone, but get the lcd backpack. It makes the setup and everything in between MUCH easier.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Erron Spalsbury For This Useful Post:

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) terrets's Avatar
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    ^How were these both mounted?

Because that GoPro looks DAMN good compared to the Sony, especially for ~1000 less. Haha. And whats with the vibration look from the Sony? ickkk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast