Thread: To Turbo, or not to Turbo

Member verified Feedback Score 0 Sean Johnson's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

To Turbo, or not to Turbo

The Mini Cooper. I have the kit, and the car has all the supporting mods. But my issue is, right now it's running so reliable. Winter project of course.

Not A DSM verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) Polygon's Avatar
    Owner Since
    June 2006

Thanks
    It's a factory kit right? If so, why not. I'm sure it will be perfectly reliable.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 GTwizard's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I would think it is a matter what you intend to do with the car. Do you wish to catch other unsuspecting gear heads? Are you going to play leap-frog from light to light? Or let the kids take it to school? My vote is to do it. Others will wonder why you have a shiteatin grin on your face all day. Even when you get pulled over for excessive exceloration, you will still have that stupid smile on your face while getting the ticket.

Forum User Feedback Score 13 (100%) Austin@STM's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GTwizard View Post
    I would think it is a matter what you intend to do with the car. Do you wish to catch other unsuspecting gear heads? Are you going to play leap-frog from light to light? Or let the kids take it to school? My vote is to do it. Others will wonder why you have a shiteatin grin on your face all day. Even when you get pulled over for excessive exceloration, you will still have that stupid smile on your face while getting the ticket.

I agree i say go for it, i think it would be great fun driving a turbo mini around.

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) terrets's Avatar
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    You could supercharge it also. Ive ridden in a SC one and its TONS of fun. I think you will be alright in the reliability field. Such a tiny motor .

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    If you turbo it, I'm sure you won't regret it! I let my supercharger kit sit around for a year because my engine wasn't in the greatest condition. I planned on building a good block, then installing everything. I finally just put it together, and its never going back to stock. That line about having a stupid smile on your face while getting a ticket from GTwizard is completely true!