Thread: HHH Wideband Datalogging

Formerly OwnGTP/WantRTTT Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    April 2004

Thanks

HHH Wideband Datalogging

First off I take no responsibility for your ECU melting, car blowing up, etc.

Firs you need to wire your Wideband's 0-5v output into the unused EGRT connector on the firewall. There are plenty of thread on this, just search. Then, go into the HHH datalogger and setup a user definable sensor. Now, I am a hybrid ECU and this worked for me, no guarantees for the OBDI crowd.

Description: Air/Fuel Ratio
    Formula: (($pid/51*0.1366)+0.663)*14.64
    Sensor ID: 18
    Lower limit: 10
    Upper limit: 19
    Precision: 2

Now, I had to tweak the formula slightly to get the HHH to line up with exactly what my AEM gauge was reading. This will be necessary for pretty much anyone as variances is grounding location, etc. may cause a variance between what your gauge reads vs. what the logger shows.

In the formula: (($pid/51*0.1366)+0.663)*14.64

$pid/51 = Converts the logger's 0-255 output into volts
    (($pid/51*0.1366)+0.663) = Converts the voltage into a lambda value, normally you would add 0.683 instead of the 0.663 in my formula. This is where I did my tweaking, I took out .02 to compensate for my HHH logger reading about .3 AFR high.
    (($pid/51*0.1366)+0.663)*14.64 = Converts the lambda value into an AFR reading. 14.64 is the multiplier to convert lambda into a gasoline AFR.

As far as the precision value goes, I tried using 0 but that gave me no resolution and only read in whole integers. I tried 2 and it goes out 2 decimal places and seems to track my AFR at +/- .05 which is pretty good. I just did this quick tonight after work and didn't have time to take the car out and see how it looks at WOT, etc. but I will verify over the next couple of days.

Have fun and happy datalogging.
    Tony M.
    2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - There's Only One.
    1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo - Gone but not forgotten . . .
    “The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.” -- Author Unknown

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyM For This Useful Post:

VR-3747 :D Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) futurevr4man's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    it would be great if you wouldnt mind updating this with results. im very curious
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

DR750's cool kid club! Feedback Score 0 TT Eric's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Thanks, I'll try this on my 1G.

Eric

DR750's, DR stage III heads, DR Boost cooler stage 2, Denso 660cc, TE37SL +273'S Z1 , KWv3, Stedebani suspension buschings, SCE 13'' Stoptech, 2G rear brakes, Forged shortblock, 3SX cam gears, SCE racing oil pan, PST CFDS, RPS 6 puck, RPS Flywheel, ETS FMIC, 3'' custom quad tips catback, new leather seats heated, SCE center diff, Quaife, brand new tranny/tcase, Billet casings, Chrome ECU, Swaintech...

Formerly OwnGTP/WantRTTT Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    April 2004

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    it would be great if you wouldnt mind updating this with results. im very curious
    Results? It works, haha.

Guess I should've edited the 'post back with tests over the next couple days'. I did this about 3 years ago and just copied the post from another place I had posted it. It works as advertised, no problems.