Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Smallest wheels on a TT?

  1. #1
    Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Luke AFB, AZ
    Posts
    58
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smallest wheels on a TT?

    So I am trying to figure out the wheel situation for my project Stealth. It's a 91 TT. Trying to find the smallest wheels for slicks that I can fit on there without having to swap out to base model rotors/calipers. Thanks!
    ~Kyle~

    "The pain of a poor product far exceeds the thrill of a good price"

    ~Perverse Koncepts~
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Perver...4415734?ref=ts

    How to shave weight on a 3S: http://www.3sgto.org/f2/how-shave-weight-3s-2924.html

    Items FOR SALE: http://www.3sgto.org/f62/91-dodge-st...heap-2974.html

  2. #2
    Forum User verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) J-Groove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    November 1999

    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    1,283
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 90 Times in 61 Posts
    I know for a fact that the 2nd gen 16" base model 3000GT wheels clear the 1st gen TT Stealth calipers.

    I have 1st gen TT front breaks on my '95 FWD TT conversion. I used my 16" stockers as track wheels back when I autoxed.

    -John

  3. #3
    verbose and bellicose Not Verified
    supporter
    Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    I made the biggest mistake of my life

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,595
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    450
    Thanked 483 Times in 353 Posts
    even though you say you don't want to swap out; consider the weight savings by using the smaller n/a brakes. seriously.

  4. #4
    I'm Kind Of A Big Deal verified
    Feedback Score 8 (100%) Emilie@GZP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Location
    Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    2,436
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 106 Times in 90 Posts
    What JGroove said. swapping to na brakes is just dumb, if you ask me. why in the WORLD you would want LESS stopping power, is beyond me.
    Circa 2005... Oh my, how far I've come
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilie@GZP View Post
    gear wrenches = wrench with the spinny thing inside of the circle part?
    Current:
    2004 ML500 - Mommy Mobile
    1996 Ram 2500 V10 - Tow Vehicle
    1991 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo - Pink Parts, Billet GZP 747's
    1995 3000GT VR-4 - lawn gnome
    1999 3000GT SL - 7,436 miles
    1995 3000GT Spyder - garage ornament

    FOR SALE:
    1995 3000GT Spyder VR-4 Red, 80k miles

  5. #5
    verbose and bellicose Not Verified
    supporter
    Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    I made the biggest mistake of my life

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,595
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    450
    Thanked 483 Times in 353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilie@GZP View Post
    What JGroove said. swapping to na brakes is just dumb, if you ask me. why in the WORLD you would want LESS stopping power, is beyond me.
    because on a dedicated drag-car, it's a proven effective technique?

  6. #6
    | @/|/| +|2()|/| verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) terrets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    December 2009

    Location
    Fox Cities, WI
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Groove View Post
    I know for a fact that the 2nd gen 16" base model 3000GT wheels clear the 1st gen TT Stealth calipers.

    I have 1st gen TT front breaks on my '95 FWD TT conversion. I used my 16" stockers as track wheels back when I autoxed.

    -John
    x2....Except I think mine are first gen 16"s because they look the same as the stocker VR4's I also have (junk tires)..

  7. #7
    I'm Kind Of A Big Deal verified
    Feedback Score 8 (100%) Emilie@GZP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Location
    Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    2,436
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 106 Times in 90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    because on a dedicated drag-car, it's a proven effective technique?
    meh, who needs to stop?

  8. #8
    I'm Kind Of A Big Deal verified
    Feedback Score 8 (100%) Emilie@GZP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Location
    Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    2,436
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 106 Times in 90 Posts
    there are better places to save weight, than your brakes.

  9. #9
    Forum User verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) J-Groove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    November 1999

    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    1,283
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 90 Times in 61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by terrets View Post
    x2....Except I think mine are first gen 16"s because they look the same as the stocker VR4's I also have (junk tires)..
    That is good to know. I didn't know if the 1st gen 16"s would clear as well.

    -John

  10. #10
    | @/|/| +|2()|/| verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) terrets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    December 2009

    Location
    Fox Cities, WI
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    By about 4 mm .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Resources
3000GT / Stealth / GTO / Multi-site Classifieds
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive