Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No start, help!

11 sec FWD! (old name: 94atxvr2) Feedback Score 0 11secondFWD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2004 ****Click my home page for videos*****

Thanks

No start, help!

Okay, I have been daily driving this car for 3k miles and it has been perfect. I drove all around yesterday and then parked it to run into the store and came out an it didnt start.

Cliff notes = good alt, good starter, good everything 100% sure. Good fully charged battery. Nuetral safety switch is cut and worked great. And when I turn the key I get NOTHING. No noises and the main point is..

I have NO lights to anything. No dash lights, no headlights, no dash lights, no interior lights, no radio.

SO I thought battery. But its 100% charged and good voltage.

I ran the battery to the store and had it checked and it was good like I listed above. When I got back to the car with the battery, I hooked it up went inside and all my lights worked. ANd the car started up perfect.

Drove it around all day today, shutting it off many times and starting it, perfect. SO I thought it was just a bad connection at the terminal.

But now I go to start it and the same thing. No nothing. I did hear a little click under the dash area but then nothing. SO I was thinking the mfi relay but I need to get more info as it is my daily and only running car right now. and I was wondering if anyone had a similiar experience.

92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto = 10.61@127.8 (1.4 60ft)
    94 3000gt SL 8:1TT 5spd getrag = 11.87@123 (1.8 60ft)
    91 3000gt VR4 13gs = 11.61@115 (1.59 60ft)

rawr. verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) Atrosity's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Did you first check the obvious to make sure you have good connections, I know my ground connection went out on me and I had no idea which caused a lot of headaches.
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

The one. The only. verified
    supporter
    Feedback Score 11 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    MFI relay isn't going to kill all power and stop the car from cranking. It is most likely a faulty connection. Check your terminals and the wires themselves.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Owner Since

Thanks
    I am almost sure it is a connection but terminals are so clean and tight. ANd I have a ground kit with huge wires. ALso, after i put battery right back in it start without cranking(instantly almost) a hundred times in a row. Then all the sudden nothing. Then remove it from terminals and put it back in and it starts up right away until a undetermined amount of time and then repeat. I will go over connections again. But could it be anything alse? like ignition or any main wire that runs all inside power/main harness along with ignition?

Padawan garage troll Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Roybatty's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Similar issue happened to me last week, no clicks or anything, did not have the total black out you are having. After looking at obvious connections, I researched manual. One of the easiest checks is the starter relay behind PS headlight. Sure enough that was my issue.

Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Sounds like the internals of your battery are dead. My battery would test good from autozone even though it really wasn't which always caused headaches, this same thing happened to 2 of my friends. Try starting the car with another battery and see how this works out for you.

Stealth owner since '91 Feedback Score 0 Steve '92ES's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Sounds like the internals of your battery are dead. My battery would test good from autozone even though it really wasn't which always caused headaches, this same thing happened to 2 of my friends. Try starting the car with another battery and see how this works out for you.
    ^^^ I've had this happen twice now, both times with Duralast batteries including one Duracrap Gold.
    (The Gold was in the car when I bought it but even though my local Autozone looked up the serial number and said it was only a year old they wouldn't honor the warranty because I wasn't the original buyer. My new Diehard's been great...)

As Stealthee said the MFI wouldn't cause a blackout.
    I'd give Atrosity's idea a shot.

Owner Since

Thanks
    If it continues I will switch the battery for sure. But its weird, I throw the same battery in after unhooking it for 10 min and it starts up fine for a day or two. It then has no lights, no start then I take battery out and put it back in and perfect. And repeat.

Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 11secondFWD View Post
    If it continues I will switch the battery for sure. But its weird, I throw the same battery in after unhooking it for 10 min and it starts up fine for a day or two. It then has no lights, no start then I take battery out and put it back in and perfect. And repeat.
    Yup, same thing for me. I eventually just replaced the whole battery and then my car starts up no problems at all everytime.

Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 11secondFWD View Post
    Yup, same thing for me. I eventually just replaced the whole battery and then my car starts up with no problems at all everytime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast