Thread: Iphone question

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since
    March 2007

Thanks

Iphone question

Can someone tell me why, when I plug my Iphone in to play music off the ipod, it only plays on one channel?
    I'm wondering if it's a setting on my phone or my stereo. The stereo is a decent Kenwood, can't remember the model right now. But I could check it out if it matters, later.

Thanks

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$PIT View Post
    Can someone tell me why, when I plug my Iphone in to play music off the ipod, it only plays on one channel?
    I'm wondering if it's a setting on my phone or my stereo. The stereo is a decent Kenwood, can't remember the model right now. But I could check it out if it matters, later.

Thanks
    Try a different cable. I know it isn't the iPhone. The iPhone wont do mono over 3.5 unless it is the cable that is mono.

3SWiki.org
    Owner Since
    10+ Years

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blindmist View Post
    Try a different cable. I know it isn't the iPhone. The iPhone wont do mono over 3.5 unless it is the cable that is mono.
    Also, if you have a case on, try taking it off. If the jack isn't plugged in all the way, only one of the two stereo leads will make contact (giving you sound out of only one channel).

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since
    March 2007

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthify View Post
    Also, if you have a case on, try taking it off. If the jack isn't plugged in all the way, only one of the two stereo leads will make contact (giving you sound out of only one channel).
    I do have a case on it and it does seem to come loose easy. I'll check it without the case on and see if it makes a difference.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Face palm
    "Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

PIONEER-ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50 X2/RS-P1/RS-M1
    DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX SILK DOME TWEETERS X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1 ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4 AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
    ECLPISE 10" TITANIUM (SUBSONICS) X2 SW9102
    PHOENIX-GOLD 12" CYCLONES (INFRASONICS) X2 DC SERVOS http://webfaq.phoenixphorum.com/cyclone.htm
    FUSION 7 COLOUR L.E.D KITS X4 2 MODIFIED. Intergrated lighting through out install.
    1994-MITSUBISHI-GTO-TWIN-TURBO-4WD-4WS-FULLY OPTIONED-SERIOUSLY being MODIFIED

Quote Originally Posted by reallyxxxxxxloud View Post
    Face palm
    Was it the case?

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since
    March 2007

Thanks
    NO, I think it is just a cheap cord. I only gave $13 for it. I'm gonna get another one, one of these days. It plays on the driver's side channel so I don't notice it as much as the passenger.

SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Are you using an AUX cable or do you have a USB to directly plug your phone in with an iPod cable? I've found with the AUX cables... They're pieces of shit, especially on the Kenwood decks. Pioneer isn't the greatest for their AUX ports either, I haven't looked into what had been causing the problem, but my best guess would be poorly soldered connections on the port itself. I could wiggle mine around a bit and would sometimes be lucky enough to get both channels
    Photobucket

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since
    March 2007

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Parker View Post
    Are you using an AUX cable or do you have a USB to directly plug your phone in with an iPod cable? I've found with the AUX cables... They're pieces of shit, especially on the Kenwood decks. Pioneer isn't the greatest for their AUX ports either, I haven't looked into what had been causing the problem, but my best guess would be poorly soldered connections on the port itself. I could wiggle mine around a bit and would sometimes be lucky enough to get both channels
    Yeah, I was just using the Ipod port on the front of the deck. There's a possibility I may be upgrading my whole system before spring. So, I'm not goin' to do anything until then.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'm glad it wasn't the case then