Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A few misc. questions

A few misc. questions

OK guys, gotta a few random questions for you:

1) Is there a difference between a NA and FI TPS?
    2) I'd like to wire my cluster and interior dash lighting to be constantly on. What's the best way to go about that?
    3) My seat belt springs don't seem to be as strong anymore. They can't really retract the loose seatbelt anymore. How would one fix that?

Thanks for the help!

Never finishes any verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    1) No difference they are the same!

2) On the back of the dimmer switch there are three wires. Find which one goes to the lights and connect it to a constant power source. "Sorry I don't have my wiring diagrams in front of me!"

3) Pull the seat belt all the way out and wipe some Armour all on it. Don't get it on the part of the belt that touches you as it will stain your closes. Work it in and out and it will loosen up and retract. You have to do it every couple months to stop it from dragging.

Check it out on Youtube!!

93 Stealth TT - The Stealth Project

Renegade Tech Works ECS Controller on Intrax Springs
    Chrome ECU
    Hybrid 13g's
    EVO 560cc Injectors
    Spec Stage 3 clutch
    Ninja Performance Output shaft & Input spool
    Ninja Performance Solid Tensioner & Gates racing T-Belt
    CX Racing Dual Core FMIC
    Megan SS Exhaust
    Fidanza Cam Gears and Clear Covers
    3rd Gen Lifters
    HKS BOV
    K&N FIPK
    Maximal High flow converter
    Walbro FP & FuelLab FPR
    Maximal and Seattle Solid Mounts
    All -6an Lines
    Custom -6AN coolant neck lines
    AWS/ABS/Cruise Delete
    MP Rear Control Arms
    SS Brake Lines
    99 Front Conversion
    2nd gen Rear Bumper
    99 Combat Wing
    Complete interior LED Swap
    Skillard Fuel channel
    Oohnoo FPR Bracket
    More to Come......

Gonzo, you are the SHIT! Thanks. Quick question about #2. The dimmer is on the rheostat? Not going crazy? Thanks again!!!

Here for the party Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    The other thing about the seat belts is the solenoid release valve. They are designed to make the belt easy to move I think any time the key is off or something like that. Mine dont work as they should either. I havent looked into it though.

Never finishes any verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    Correct dimmer is the rheostat.

Well then this shit will be easy!! I have to pull the rheo to redo the lighting on it anyways!! Many thanks!

Twin Turbo verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    so the seatbelt is power assisted? cus when my immobilzer arms the seat belt auto retracts. Well it feels like that if your sitting in it and it goes off. it tugs on the belt. was just about to ask about this feature.

OK, so most of that worked like a champ. Few issues though:

1) Does anyone use the seat belt guides attached to the seats?? I did the armor-all trick, but they still kind of lay out when the belts are run through the guide. Out of the guide they work like champs. Should I just get used to not using the guides?

2)I was determining which wire was the power, which the gauges, etc on the dimmer, all was going well. When I plugged the dimmer back in, nothing. No markers, no dash lighting, nothing. I've got heads, but nothing else. Thought it might be a fuse, so I checked all the fuses under the dash and they all looked fine. Am I missing something?

3) So I replaced my busted ass passenger side with another A/C (driver side) fan, as I already applied the hotwire to keep them constantly running. When I went to plug it in, it started running, even with no key in the ignition. The driver side one works just fine, turning on when the key is in the ignition, but the passenger side stays on no matter what. Anyone got input on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by GRSHOPR View Post
    OK, so most of that worked like a champ. Few issues though:

1) Does anyone use the seat belt guides attached to the seats?? I did the armor-all trick, but they still kind of lay out when the belts are run through the guide. Out of the guide they work like champs. Should I just get used to not using the guides?

2)I was determining which wire was the power, which the gauges, etc on the dimmer, all was going well. When I plugged the dimmer back in, nothing. No markers, no dash lighting, nothing. I've got heads, but nothing else. Thought it might be a fuse, so I checked all the fuses under the dash and they all looked fine. Am I missing something?

3) So I replaced my busted ass passenger side with another A/C (driver side) fan, as I already applied the hotwire to keep them constantly running. When I went to plug it in, it started running, even with no key in the ignition. The driver side one works just fine, turning on when the key is in the ignition, but the passenger side stays on no matter what. Anyone got input on that one?
    Scratch #2. Fixed it.

No input on the other issues?