Thread: What do you guys think I should run with my current setup?

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

What do you guys think I should run with my current setup?

This is my current running setup and my baby hauls ass. Last season with a burned out clutch and a 15g tune on newly installed 19ts, I ran 13.1 @112mph. Car just slipped like a bitch and couldnt get going. Now with my new stage 4 unsprung in teh car and my EK2 transfer case brace on there she is scarey how hard she pulls and grabs. I want to beat this 12.2 evo that runs at my track and he is a cocky little shit. I know I can run in the 12's but I dont have enough track experience to have a good idea what I am capable of. Any clue? This is my setup fyi...

IPS 19T's @ 19psi, AEM EMS tuned, AEM wideband, prosport oil and boost gauge, HDI EBC and gauge, block bored out .060, forged crank, 3sx custom forged rods, weisco 8.5:1 CR pistons, stage 2 heads ported and polished, stock cams and gears, 550cc inj, walbro 255, aeromotive 1000 FPR with ss fuel lines and an fittings, 3sx fuel loop, dejon blow thru twin takes , hks ssqv, GT-pro 3" ceramic coated FMIC, IPS 3" downpipe, borla 3" exhaust, stage 4 unsprung clutch and new rack and pinon, vac reduction.

I have 880 cc delphi inj coming and they r going in and debating on wether or not I want to use them for E85. Was thinking I was but not sure...

Mike

1/4 mile 11.80 @117mph. 551whp 641trq @ 26psi E85 tune, MTC 19T-HLs, forge 15psi spring wastegates, 780 PTE inj, 3SX Fuel loop, ss fuel lines, Engine built by Laniers Speed shop, block bored .060 w/ chromolly rings, weisco pistons, 3sx custom forged rods, forged crank, HKS DLI, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO wideband, prosport oil and boost guages, aeromotive 1000 FPR, Dejon blow thru twintakes, Walbro E85 400 w/ 3sx hotwire kit and custom an fitting fuel pump w/ STM filter to pump line, CXRacing FMIC, Megan Racing Aluminum radiator, IPS custom downpipe, Borla 3" exhaust,Greddy profec b spec II EBC, Blitz SS BOV,R1 Drilled slotted rotors, Drag DR-31 rims, RPS stage 4 unsprung clutch,

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    My buddy has a similar setup only @ 18 psi self tuned(not even remotely close to a "good" tune, pretty much just a baseline) and he walked a C5 bad, His car would probably run low low 12's as it is. I would say your setup is good for mid 11's if you can drive to to that potential.

If you can out trap him, or show him you out pull him on the big end, then that should shut him up!

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Ya thats what i was hoping to hit. if I can just get into the 11's I will feel real good because he just is the most arrogant guy I know. This guy in a 2000 ss camaro last yr, ....lol hold on gotta stop laughing....I asked him what he was running and laughed at my car and turned away from me! found out later that he was running 13 flat. what a dick lol.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    IMO, People generally think two things about vr4's. They have either been rick rolled by one and know they are fast (AKA they dont wanna race you or even mess around on the interstate) or they think they are slow heavy turds, because their buddy's buddy lt1 Camaro pulled it from a roll. I am working on making ppl believe the first.

Actually, an EVO 8 with an exhaust could not pull away from my Buddy's 94 SL on the interstate from a 60 roll. ever time the evo would jump out a couple cars and then there would be no change in distance between them. IDK, something must have been wrong with the EVO since the SL only trapped 93.

my car only ran a 13.8 @ 100 on 16t's @ 9 psi. bone stock otherwise. so my car is slow also

shouldn't be a problem sid, i just ran a 12.07 @ 112 on my 15g setup at 17-18lbs of boost and a dead vcu. it should be no problem for you, have fun.
    chris

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Keep us informed on the outcome.

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Have you thought to consider to run Water/Meth injection, might allow you to be more aggressive with your timing and more boost.

AEM EMS also has the failsafe feature.
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have 880cc inj that will be here this week and I am going to be going e85. So I should be over 650 whp. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it If I dont hit 11's i will part my car out next winter.