Thread: Adjustable FRP Setup Help

Forum User verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since
    2004/5?

Thanks

Adjustable FRP Setup Help

Just realized I biffed the title, I meant FPR.

Hey guys, I just recently hot-wired my stock fuel pump and thus my stock FPR was over ridden. I'm starting to go cross-eyed from looking onto my various options so a little additional insight would be awesome.

I've been looking in to the Rob Beck adapter (seen here: http://maximalperformance.com/store/...&productId=111 ) with Honda AEM regulator coupled with the Ek2 gauge adapter (seen here http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_vi...dProduct=24512).

My main confusion is regarding the Honda AEM FPR. I've seen both 25-300 and 25-305 being used. Which one is it? I'm looking for the easiest one to install, and it sounds like one or the other may require minor modification to make it work (this is where I'm starting to get cross-eyed and just can't search this stuff anymore).

Also, I would (maybe) buy it off of ebay due to it costing less than on 3sx/maximal's website. I really just need it broken down for me as to which FPR is a direct bolt on with the RobBeck adapter.
    Will this one work? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-2...item2c5850f377

I'm just trying to weigh my options and get an idea for cost. It looks like it will total like this:
    Gauge and adapter: $50 from 3sx
    FPR adapter from maximal: $37 from maximal
    Honda AEM FPR: ??
    Do I need anything else?
    Total: depends on FPR cost.

OR I could just cut all the crap and buy this (http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_vi...dProduct=26350) kit for $300.

Any and all help here will be very much appreciated, please let me know if there are any options I'm over looking. I really just want the cheapest and most effective FPR set up.

Thank you,
    Caleb
    Last edited by Rom3BreaK; 11-13-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    . 1992 VR4 - Java Black Pearl paint (2004 STI) with combo '92/'96/'99 custom front end .
    . Fittipaldi Force or 5Zigen FNO1-RC wheels . Cianci rear strut bar . K&N intake . DNP pre-turbo hard pipes . DNP hard intercooler pipe kit . Greddy Type RS BOV (recirc) . HKS EVC Black Limited boost controller . Vacuum reduction with all silicone pluming . EGR block off plates . Hot wired fuel pump . AEM AFPR @the rail with Robbeck adapter . Fuel rail loop . Tanabe knockoff down pipe . No cats . Single Turbo Flamer full 3" cat back . RPS Max pressure plate with street disk . Seattle92VR4 solid motor mounts . '99 Lifters . R1 Concepts slotted rotors . Supercar Engineering brake caliper stiffening bolts . HHH data logging . Red Line fluids .

Forum User verified
    Feedback Score 2 (100%) Maximal's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    The 25-303 is the one you want. I just can't compete with those ebay prices so it's understandable if you go that route. Hell, some of them somehow go cheaper than I can get them. I actually have the one I was running on my car if you're interested in going used....I might be able to beat ebay's price with that, haha.

I do offer the gauge and adapter for that also...I have no idea why it's not showing up in my site but I can add it if you're interested. I need to look into pricing but I should be able to at least match 3SX's price on that.

1fstascar on 3si Not Verified Feedback Score 0 FstAsVR4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Or you could PM Oohnoo he has a great kit for an amazing price!

Forum User verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since
    2004/5?

Thanks
    OK, so I now have a question regarding the banjo bolt install on the FPR (AEM 25-303).
    Trying to finger-tighten the banjo bolt - the threads just BARELY start to catch, and it's almost impossible to turn any more. It feels like it's cross-threading, but I'm pretty sure it's going on straight. Is this simply the nature of the beast, in that it must be a fuel tight fitting, so finger tightening past this point isn't going to happen?

Just wondering if I got a defective part, or if I should just toss a wrench on there and crank away.