Will try to keep the back-story short... friend of a friend needed a place to keep this truck "for a few days" because he busted the rear axle. He came a few days later with a "new" axle, took the old one off, then realized it was the wrong "new" axle.

A few days later, the guy who was helping him totally disappeared, and the same day, the owner of the truck got called to work in Florida. So off he went.

Fast-forward 8 or so months, I call him and tell him to get the truck off my property, and he says there's no way to do it, would I like to buy it? Well, not really... then he started telling me the story:

It has a high-end lift kit, a BRAND NEW Chevy "Crate" engine (350) with lots of little upgrades like stainless steel braided gas lines, edelbrock carb, a really nice air filter, nice Chevrolet valve covers, etc. etc. It also has a newly rebuild transmission AND transfer case. He has all the receipts for all of the work, over $5500 of work.

I really hadn't even looked it over very well, so I went out and looked, and the body is VERY straight, no rust to speak of, no dents, no previous bondo work, etc.

Ok, fine, but I'm not buying it... until he says, "I only want $900 for it". WOW! I say, "ok, make it $750 to cover storage costs and I'll buy it. SOLD.

The next day I find a running 1982 K5 with the correct rear end, and picked that up for $600. Now I have about 1.7 complete trucks, including a running "backup" stock 350 motor and a good x-fer case/transmission as a backup.

Anyway, my son (who just turned 16) and I are restoring it. We're doing it "right",tearing the entire interior out and starting over.

So, without further ado, here's some pics!

Exterior:

Interior prior clean-up:

So this is after a short afternoon of work.. the BEST thing about this truck is that the cap comes off, and there's a sweet roll bar that shows.