Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Exhaust Review G-Blue Knockoff <-- MUST READ -->

Never finishes any verified

Owner Since

Thanks

Ebay Exhaust Review G-Blue Knockoff <-- MUST READ -->

I couldn't find a product reviews board so I posted this here. Please feel free to move to the correct board.

So I took a chance and ended up purchasing one of the TT exhaust kits I saw on ebay. I had been tracking the seller and the sales for quite some time now and I had my doubts on the quality. All of the exhaust the seller had sold had great reviews. Even the 3S exhaust where all good and no complaints about fitment issues.

So I took a gamble and purchased one. The seller usually has one or two for the 3S that he starts at $0.99 with $100.00 shipping. I watched a few and most sold at around $225-260 range without shipping. I then saw one go for $69.00 +shipping and though OK so the seller is for real and there are no gimmicks with his auction. one of the ones I was watching was down to the hour so I made my bid and I ended up winning. Needless to say I paid about $200.00 shipped out the door!

I was stoked about the price but still had my doubts. So a couple days go by and I had not gotten a tracking number or heard anything from the seller. I sent him a note asking for the tracking number and got a response back with 2 hours! He assured me that the item had shipped but due to issues with their computer not being able to connect with Fed-Ex he didn't have a tracking number to send me. I got a little worried at this point. Ebay said the item should be delivered between the Nov 11-16. it was being shipped from Cali and I leave in NC so I knew it would take some time.

Well I got home today and I have a huge ass box on my front porch and this thing is not light! I though to myself "Ohh Shit that got here fast!!!" 9 day shipping is fast for something that large coming from the other side of the country. I open it up and see something surprising:

I took it out and started to examine it closely. All the welds were really nice and clean Tig welds! The hangers were all Tig welded and constructed correctly! All the hardware was there including the gaskets!

This was really nice looking!

Now remember this is a full exhaust package! It includes the front pre-cat eliminator, Downpipe with 02-bungs and flex section, test pipe and full 3" cat-back split to 2.5 into canisters with 4.5" exhaust tips.

I looked over and over trying to find something wrong but nothing. I fitted the whole thing together and none of the flanges were warped!

Now here is the real kicker! The whole thing is T-304 Stainless Steel!!!

Magnet tested each piece and it is real SS. The only things not SS are the flanges, flex section connectors and the 02 bungs!

Granted I have yet to install this but I did take measurements and compared it to the old exhaust I had on the car and everything is within spec. So it should bolt right in. Even it I do have to make some slight adjustments it was still worth the price I paid and I am extremely happy at this point and still somewhat in shock!

Here is the link to the seller on Ebay: eBay My World - surewinproducts

I will try to get this installed this weekend and update the thread with what else I find during the install. below are some pics of the exhaust and the various pieces:

<--CLICK FOR FULL RES IMAGES -->

Check it out on Youtube!!

93 Stealth TT - The Stealth Project

Renegade Tech Works ECS Controller on Intrax Springs
    Chrome ECU
    Hybrid 13g's
    EVO 560cc Injectors
    Spec Stage 3 clutch
    Ninja Performance Output shaft & Input spool
    Ninja Performance Solid Tensioner & Gates racing T-Belt
    CX Racing Dual Core FMIC
    Megan SS Exhaust
    Fidanza Cam Gears and Clear Covers
    3rd Gen Lifters
    HKS BOV
    K&N FIPK
    Maximal High flow converter
    Walbro FP & FuelLab FPR
    Maximal and Seattle Solid Mounts
    All -6an Lines
    Custom -6AN coolant neck lines
    AWS/ABS/Cruise Delete
    MP Rear Control Arms
    SS Brake Lines
    99 Front Conversion
    2nd gen Rear Bumper
    99 Combat Wing
    Complete interior LED Swap
    Skillard Fuel channel
    Oohnoo FPR Bracket
    More to Come......

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrGonzo For This Useful Post:

Owner Since

Thanks
    More Pics:

Inside the canisters. Particles are from the packaging and the silencers.

Rolled edge canisters!

Nice Tig welds all over!

All the hardware!

Forum User
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I must say I´m surprised let us know how it fits.

Here for the party Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    That is an amazing price. I want. I looked at down pipes yesterday and those alone were like $130.00 shipped.

Advanced Tech? verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    ridiculous price!
    Maddog Performance Engineering

I don't like the cannister style mufflers but I'm sure you could put something else in place of them, looks like a great buy regardless.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Looks good, but there may be an issue with the piping going to the passenger side hitting the drive shaft.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    I have the same exhaust and my only complaint was the V clamp and it appears they have done away with that. Also it's not really a complaint but if you look down into the Y pipe the two pipes coming in stick into the other part a little too far. I'm sure it would create turbulence but for the price you just can't beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Looks pretty nice. I just tend to have a special hate for buying anything metal that comes out of China because of how they are allowed to cheat in manufacture (pretty much all our scrap is boated over there and they melt it down under pretty much zero environmental regulation). Sometimes that stuff is tricky to weld. I used a china "test pipe" for its flanges and some mufflers because they were negligibly cheap. They usually claim 304SS, but 304 and 309 rods didn't work as well as they should have and it is more magnetic than it should be. I don't know what it really is, but the Chinese seem to have a rod that works nicely as the welds usually are quite good.

Owner Since

Thanks
    I checked the pipes with a magnet and nothing. So it is some form of SS whether its 304 -310. I still can't complain considering the price I paid.

Had someone comment on 3si that they bought the exact same kit from the same seller and it bolted right up without any issue! I'm really looking forward to installing it this weekend and seeing how well it looks and bolts on.

I just wish I could get the damn engine running so I could hear it also.....