Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm getting old but......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member verified Feedback Score 10 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks

Maybe I'm getting old but......

I'm enjoying my non-modified Stealth RT/TT.

I traded my 215,000 mile VR4 for it 1.5 years ago. Put the engine from my 93 parts car into it and a trans I had laying around. The trans was bad so I installed the trans from the 93 parts car as well. I've been driving it around for the last week or so and it's enjoyable

It does have a K&N filter, but that's all I've done. Stock ECS struts and springs, stock exhaust from turbo back with all cats in place, stock clutch, etc. The ride isn't harsh , yet not soft. Exhaust isn't overwhelmingly loud. The clutch pedal is light and there's no chatter or grabbing. Steering and suspension feel pretty tight.

I guess the best way to describe it is "care-free". I don't feel like anything is going to break on me at any given moment.

Just thought I'd throw it out there that faster is not always better. There is definitely somoething to be said about stock drivability

GREASE BUNNY Feedback Score 0 Granny's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I definitely miss the dependability since I turboed mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Oh Karen, you made me smile today.

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    June 2010

Thanks
    I love my 95 base, but I do wish I had a couple of turbos under the hood.

Forum User Feedback Score 13 (100%) Austin@STM's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gs1000kat View Post
    I'm enjoying my non-modified Stealth RT/TT.

I traded my 215,000 mile VR4 for it 1.5 years ago. Put the engine from my 93 parts car into it and a trans I had laying around. The trans was bad so I installed the trans from the 93 parts car as well. I've been driving it around for the last week or so and it's enjoyable

It does have a K&N filter, but that's all I've done. Stock ECS struts and springs, stock exhaust from turbo back with all cats in place, stock clutch, etc. The ride isn't harsh , yet not soft. Exhaust isn't overwhelmingly loud. The clutch pedal is light and there's no chatter or grabbing. Steering and suspension feel pretty tight.

I guess the best way to describe it is "care-free". I don't feel like anything is going to break on me at any given moment.

Just thought I'd throw it out there that faster is not always better. There is definitely somoething to be said about stock drivability
    I put 300 miles on my car today, and enjoyed every second of it. As long as the right parts are used, a modified car can be just as care free to drive.

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) blindmist's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin@STM View Post
    I put 300 miles on my car today, and enjoyed every second of it. As long as the right parts are used, a modified car can be just as care free to drive.
    This is what I am trying to do. 500AWHP RELIABLE DD

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin@STM View Post
    Trust me, as you get older the enjoyment will change. Smaller things will start to annoy you, etc.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Forum User Feedback Score 0 AdamVR4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    Trust me, as you get older the enjoyment will change. Smaller things will start to annoy you, etc.
    Man, it sure as for me. At this point I wonder if I can ever find it again. When it runs it's stressful to have on the street, it's stressful to have at the track... It just a whole fuck load of work with almost no pleasure anymore.

seize the carpe! Feedback Score 0 Lithium's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVR4 View Post
    Man, it sure as for me. At this point I wonder if I can ever find it again. When it runs it's stressful to have on the street, it's stressful to have at the track... It just a whole fuck load of work with almost no pleasure anymore.
    thats sad, sounds like you need to find a new hobby.

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You've jinxed yourself now.....

*Waits for breakdown thread*

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

Forum User Feedback Score 13 (100%) Austin@STM's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 93STLTH View Post
    You've jinxed yourself now.....

*Waits for breakdown thread*
    Nah i say it all the time, i put 12k miles on it last year, and almost 7k already this year, and it hasnt even been 3 months yet. Basically what im saying is dont be afraid to mod a car because you think it will break all the time. If the work is done right with quality parts, it can be as good or even better than that stock care free feeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast