Thread: window regulator which one???

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

window regulator which one???

I'm on the website www.mitsparts.com looking for a new window regulator for Whitie, and I'm having problems figuring out which one I want to be ordering from them. I've decided getting a new one is better than an old used one cause it should hopefully last longer.

Whitie's info is it is a 96 VR4 built in February of 96. When I look on the website and type in window regulators, I get more than one window regulator that fits that description, and both have different prices. I'm only in need of the regulator not the motor and maybe thats the price difference, but the two options are in different sections of the website.

Door, Window regulator
    3000 GT, Right, To 2/2/96
    ELECTRICAL »Body electrical
    Mitsubishi › 3000 gt › 1995-1996
    List Price : $302.05
    Your Price : $217.48

, Window regulator
    3000 GT, Right, To 2/2/96
    BODY HARDWARE »Door
    Mitsubishi › 3000 gt › 1995-1996
    List Price : $136.14
    Your Price : $98.02

I do not know of any 3000GT's from 95-96 that were manual crank windows, so I doubt thats what I'm seeing. Any idea what they are talking about? Like I said, if I can get a new assembly minus the motor, I'm happy to do that at the cheaper price since I know my motor to be good. The window on Whitie goes up and down, just that it does it crooked cause the pulley is broken. I'll probably call them up after work today and see if I can speak to somebody, but since I'm still stuck here right now, I figured I would ask some people. Any help anybody can give would be awesome.

Thank you.

Twin Turbo verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    the description says "ELECTRICAL > body electric" the other says "BODY HARDWARE > Door" I would say the 1st one is electric the 2nd is machanical.
    1990 JDM GTO TT with Vi-PEC plug-in V44 EMS, TD04-13T's, 3SX Downpipe, MP Hi-flow cat, ARC SMIC's, Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH pump, Fuelab 515 FPR, Ninja Performance 75amp hotwire kit, oohnoo fuel loop & rail adapters, Nylon braided ethanol fuel line, NGK AFX Wideband, K&N FIPK, Iridium plugs, HKS Twin Power DLI, Turbo XS racing BOV, 3SX poly mounts, Custom 280km/h speedo.

Waiting install
    Injector Dynamics 725cc Injectors.

Build Thread

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    That was my first thought, but did they even offer cars in 95 and 96 with crank windows? I thought that was only on some base models during the first gen years.

Twin Turbo verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Can't help you there sorry. Don't know enough about the USDM 3000GT. I know all JDM TTs are electric windows. I actually thought all JDM was electric until recently. Spoke to a guy who had a wrecked NA GTO with manual windows.....

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yeah, a friend of mine has an early car with crank windows. I'll have to talk to him and see if he knows more about the history of crank windows. I didn't have a chance to call up Cherry Hill today to inquire about it cause I was busy with taking care of house insurance stuff. I figure insuring my home is more important than having a working window on a car.