Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl is pregnant

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Girl is pregnant

I have my engine at a workshop at the moment and they found 4 pistons that had not survived the Dyno i had in July. 3 of them the crack had happened around the rings.

Also they found that almost all the Valves had some wear and tear from what they thought was NOS. But thats not the case..so what could have caused this "damage" to the valves?

I also found out that the car have not run 54k miles, but more like 130k miles..And im not sure if the previous owner had done the 120k service on it..I found a receipt that a 60k had been done just before i bought it a year ago..is there something i have to look out for?

and of course my girl found out she is 1month on the way..so hope i can keep the car when its on the road again..

Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) blindmist's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Well hopefully you have a faithful one. I didn't have that and now I am trying to sort out the mess finding out if the kid is going to be mine. Its quite funny because the first time she road in my car, I cracked a piston.

Good luck with everything.

Owner Since

Thanks
    thanks..but i think i should have gone with a different title on the post, as no one is answering the other questions

hope she have been faithfull, and I wish you good luck as well. Isnt there a place in the states where you can send hair samples and such to find out if the kid is yours? wont hold up in court, but would set your mind at ease

Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nappien View Post
    thanks..but i think i should have gone with a different title on the post, as no one is answering the other questions

hope she have been faithfull, and I wish you good luck as well. Isnt there a place in the states where you can send hair samples and such to find out if the kid is yours? wont hold up in court, but would set your mind at ease
    Just waiting for it to be born and then doing a paternity test. Found out today that she doesn't want me there for the birth, she wants the other guy there. Its a really fucked up situation.

Chances engine was run lean, causing cracked pistons, which can damage valves. If you are getting a full rebuilt, just replace the valves and you should most likely be ok. Nothing can really damage valves much besides bad timing and pistons coming apart, or coolant.

Owner Since
    12-22-98

Thanks
    Definitely do the 120k maintenance package including a new oil pump !!!

the BOSS of jellow supporter Feedback Score 0 a2j's Avatar
    Owner Since
    May 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blindmist View Post
    Just waiting for it to be born and then doing a paternity test. Found out today that she doesn't want me there for the birth, she wants the other guy there. Its a really fucked up situation.
    yes it is.

Owner Since

Thanks
    I have my engine at a workshop at the moment and they found 4 pistons that had not survived the Dyno i had in July. 3 of them the crack had happened around the rings.

Also they found that almost all the Valves had some wear and tear from what they thought was NOS. But thats not the case..so what could have caused this "damage" to the valves?

I also found out that the car have not run 54k miles, but more like 130k miles..And im not sure if the previous owner had done the 120k service on it..I found a receipt that a 60k had been done just before i bought it a year ago..is there something i have to look out for?

and of course my girl found out she is 1month on the way..so hope i can keep the car when its on the road again..
    "Is there something I have to look out for?"
    Yep everything. If the previous owner lied about the milage then what can you trust? Your car would be a candidate for an entire strip down and rebuild check every system.
    But that is not possible for you right now maybe never. So then do your best and repair what is broken and be ready for more, it sounds like you have a lemon. Good luck to you!

Owner Since

Thanks
    the motorshop ordered a new oil pump and 24 valves.
    But I have to ask them if they are changing the cam seal, crank seal and the PVC-valve..

im getting a new water pump, air condintion belt, alternator belt, power steering belt, Throttle Body Gasket and Intake Plenum Gasket.
    going OEM on the water pump, but not sure where to get these other parts..im gonna try 3sx. Did ask AustinSTM for a quote, but as im living in norway I dont think they ship over there.

And I hope i dont have a Lemon..im squeesing out enough juice as it is :P

Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    the motorshop ordered a new oil pump and 24 valves.
    But I have to ask them if they are changing the cam seal, crank seal and the PVC-valve..

im getting a new water pump, air condintion belt, alternator belt, power steering belt, Throttle Body Gasket and Intake Plenum Gasket.
    going OEM on the water pump, but not sure where to get these other parts..im gonna try 3sx. Did ask AustinSTM for a quote, but as im living in norway I dont think they ship over there.

And I hope i dont have a Lemon..im squeesing out enough juice as it is :P
    I used this gasket set

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-99...#ht_1966wt_939

but you are going to want to probably get different head gaskets if you are going beyond BPU. Also get a set of Felpro Head Bolts. Advance carries them in stock for our engines in most places.

along with this stuff here,

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-51531...8601894&sr=8-1

That shit^^ is amazing. I have actually used it in place of copper washers and it sets instantly. I used it for almost everything that I can. Works with coolant and oil. Used it on the 240 drift car all the time as well. SR20DET like to leak.

Owner Since

Thanks
    funny stuff..tried to find OEM parts in norway..and just the Water Pump costs like 300$ :P

I ordered the kit from Ebay, but not sure if I will use it.
    Did try searching for part at cherry hill and everything I bought there was cheaper than just getting the water pump in norway..probably makes sence to someone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast