Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3000GT MR build updated.

3000GT MR build updated.

ive been begged to update this so here it is brought over from the other site.some of its old some new still in the works
    Heres some background info about the car. Its a 94 VR4 that i bought in 05 with 60K orig. It was garaged and the paint was original. It was driven to go from Rhode Island to Connecticut to play golf. He had EVERYTHING original the magazines for the CD changer were still wrapped. So anyways i found it on a website called "The big lot" and after 3 months of searching i grabbed it for $12.5k he had it listed for $15K. My goal is a reliable 500 awhp street car. This is what i want and how i want it.

My current mods before build.
    Fidanza flywheel
    hot wired walbro
    evo 560's
    K&N
    dejon pre turbos
    JDM tranny
    5 speed rear end
    short throw
    99 conversion with 6K HIDs and PIAA fogs
    17G/15G combo,cx FMIC
    DN downpipe
    MAFT pro.
    HKS ssq,
    blitz turbo timer
    solid engine mounts
    hawk pads/ carbotech slotted rotors

The build.
    3sx evo 3 kit
    3sx 8.5:1 pistons
    3sx rods
    3sx water housing
    new oil pump
    new water pump
    newcoils
    tein S
    3sx control arms
    all new bearings
    3sx super street cams
    preset cam gears
    Emanage ultimate
    water temp, oil temp, oil press., fuel press, egt, peak and hold prosports
    3sx fuel kit 3
    aluminum radiator.
    slim fans
    HHH hybrid logger
    SS brake line
    spec 4+ clutch
    MP TC bracket
    AEM wideband
    HDI boost controller (decided to try something new)
    batt. relocation and rewire some engine bay stuff
    kevlar timming belt
    IPS Single shot
    car PC

picture time
    before:

Gauge install

Thats not the finished interior just gauge install

Fully Forged, 16G's ect.

pretty clean for 135K i am impressed by the condition of things so far. i hope i just didnt jinx my self
    Last edited by 3000GT MR; 10-28-2010 at 10:57 PM.

well its been a while. Just so happens that everything i ordered had to be back ordered. but slowly ive been boxes of stuff so heres where im at now

Okay sorry for the slow updates. Ive been pretty busy and have only put in 2 hours here and 2 hours there well i got the rest of my parts.

The 3SX turbo kit went pretty well. It is a very tight fitment with little room to work. I have absolutely no complaints about it but a few small issues i can deal with. The front and rear engine hoist brackets need to be modified to fit. Theres a little hole in the precat where it was welded and ground on the inside. (im just going to tac weld it my self) The oil lines wernt to bad and fit good for me. The rear oil feed was a little tight but i was able to make a little more slack by swapping the low pressure sensor with the oil feed line. (not pictured) I thought it was going to come with a second oil banjo bolt for the rear. I dont know if i didnt get one or they dont use them anymore. When people say put it all together loosely before tighten it down they mean it. The fronts not bad but the rear was a PITA to bolt the precat on and wastegates. The rear wastegate was touching the valve cover so i had to give it a little persuasion. I also had to clock the wastegate so that the banjo was not against the valve cover. ( I dont know if this is normal or not) Well the engine is 90% built just waiting on my rear cam gear from TGE. Heres a few pictures

Last edited by 3000GT MR; 10-28-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Man vs 3/S verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Get coil overs.... You are going to spend 10k on your build but you are only going to spend 250 dollars on some springs, you are obviously looking for a well rounded car but your brakes and suspension are basically going to be stock.

Cant wait to see the finished product, though, its awesome you have such a NICE car to start with, that's one of the reasons I bought my VR-4, a very solid base to build on, well taken care of, records, low miles.
    93 R/T - Modded, Full Suspension, Full Exhaust, Quaife Diff, Turbo brakes, Alpine/Boston Sound One of 25
    98 VR-4 - Billet 13t's, Downpipe, Blitz EBC, Ohlins R/T coil overs, SCE center differential, SCE oil pan, Pampena braced trans, TEC Rear Strut Bar, Custom Front Strut Bar, Camber Arms, Alum Driveshaft, 2" Koyo, Maximal oil cooler, SAFC2, Defi Gauges, RC 550's, Supra Pump, Skillard Splitter, Hardpipes, XYZ 14" front brakes/Carbotech, 255 Dunlop Z2's, AMR 18x9's, Alpine/Infinity/JL Sound. One of 13

3SNG15 Best overall

"I explode 1 piece rotors" -- ABM --
    Runs 12's (12.98's!!!!!!)
    My Garage

you can see how i clocked the wastegate. Note where the banjo is

Here for the party Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I want those dash gauges, but yet I am poor.

UPDATED AS OF 10/28/10

Blackstealth's controller/scanner Meth controller, and turbo timer

Blackstealths controller/scanner knob

battery and meth kit

Here for the party Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    VERY VERY impressed. Nice build.

well i was kind of waiting to get numbers before updating but its taking me longer to get to the dyno than i thought. my goal is 600ish on pump+meth. the cars been running and runs great. i love the 8.5:1 and 16g's its a nice combo. still have some bottom end. Im almost completely done with the build and how i want it.Ill post more pics and verbiage as time goes on. i just needed to do this for motivational purposes

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    mark williams output shaft? what about stainless steel transfer case from 3sx?