Thread: Car's going for paint

Part of the "Flipped Your Car Club" verified Feedback Score 0 milkshakes's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Car's going for paint

That's what we've got so far. My car's going to be ugly for a few months, unfortunately. I'm painting the engine bay and all the interior panels Atomic Orange, until Spring, then we're going to be painting the outer body panels. Until then, the outer panels are staying white. If only I didn't need a car for a few weeks.

I'm going to go Atomic Orange all around, and then I *THINK* the hood is going to be black, along with the roof. Any recommendations?
    Last edited by milkshakes; 10-21-2010 at 09:12 AM.
    1992 Stealth RT/TT
    Condition: Totaled(In Process of Rebuild.)

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 nosferatudracon's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Feb 2007

California, Delaware, and New Jersey...depends on the week.
    Thanks
    Sounds like it will look nice to me. Are you going to paint the windshield pillars(forgetting their actual name right now) black or orange?

How long to pull the engine prep for paint and put it back together again? I'm contemplating and engine swap...and at that point might as well time it with when I paint and do the whole thing
    I'm lame and this is my lame signature.

Part of the "Flipped Your Car Club" verified Feedback Score 0 milkshakes's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Aha, I didn't even think about the pillars.. I think I'll do them black to go with the flow on the top of the car.

The story behind this is a hell of a story, I totaled my car, found this one, drove halfway across the country, grabbed it, and we're going to be painting it, then dropping my old engine/trans in.. The length it takes really depends on your methods of doing it. I for one, am going to be lifting the front nose of the car and dropping it ontop of the engine to fit it, instead of dropping the engine into the car, and it shouldn't take long that way.

GREASE BUNNY Feedback Score 0 Granny's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    That will look awesome. I want to do the basically the same thing to mine but satin black on the body and gloss black on the hood and pillars.
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Oh Karen, you made me smile today.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    That will look awesome. I want to do the basically the same thing to mine but satin black on the body and gloss black on the hood and pillars.
    That's what I'm conflicted on.

I don't know if I should do the hood/pillars/roof/hatch black or not.

I'm thinking I should, since I'm also using the 3000GT wing, I feel like having the windshield wiper area black and the rest Atomic Orange would be good.

GREASE BUNNY Feedback Score 0 Granny's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by milkshakes View Post
    That's what I'm conflicted on.

I don't know if I should do the hood/pillars/roof/hatch black or not.

I'm thinking I should, since I'm also using the 3000GT wing, I feel like having the windshield wiper area black and the rest Atomic Orange would be good.
    LOL...let me try that again.

I'm thinking gloss on the roof, pillars and maybe hatch with my carbon fiber hood.
    I'm not sure about the hatch because I have a hoop spoiler I want to put on so do I do flat or gloss? Maybe red....
    Like you said I want it to flow.

See what happens to you when you get old you can't remember what a hood and roof are.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    LOL...let me try that again.

I'm thinking gloss on the roof, pillars and maybe hatch with my carbon fiber hood.
    I'm not sure about the hatch because I have a hoop spoiler I want to put on so do I do flat or gloss? Maybe red....
    Like you said I want it to flow.

See what happens to you when you get old you can't remember what a hood and roof are.
    If you have a carbon fiber hood, I'd definitely go all glossy, and make do the hatch and spoiler the same black, although, it would look a little "blocky" since you'll have two different paint colors, and the black will be up top.. I think it would look slick.

I think if I go satin black on the headlights/hood/pillars/and windshield wiper part of the hatch, with gloss black on the roof, then have the rest of the hatch orange to match the engine bay, that it would look okay.. It's times like these I wish I could REALLY visualize things well, haha.