Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news about NG17

Administrator Feedback Score 3 (100%) Alan92RTTT's Avatar
    Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sad news about NG17

As many of you know, NG17 is scheduled for August of this year. Registrations this year are the lowest they have ever been. Of course we'll never know all the reasons why so many haven't signed up - whether it's the date, the time of year, or they have other commitments... But the fact is, they haven't. For that reason, and none other, it's with a very heavy heart that we're canceling this year's NG.

For those who had signed up, your refund has been processed. If the funds have not been returned paypal says you should have them in 3 to 5 days. should have received your refund.

Once again, we're very sorry to deliver this news. It truly saddens us.

We invite you to join in a discussion to let us know why you weren't planning to attend or why you just hadn't signed up yet.

Lori & Alan

Forum User Feedback Score 0 spooling 1g's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I planned on going but never officially signed up just incase i couldnt,(work,time,etc)if that makes sense.

Itza Me, Mario Feedback Score 0 Zucchini's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have attended the last nine consecutive National Gatherings. Normally, I'd have signed up in a heartbeat, but unfortunately this year it just didn't seem possible. I was considering it still, but the decision would have been made within a month prior to the event. With some uncertainty about my employment in the next couple months as well as some other commitments this year (a couple out of state weddings), I just couldn't commit. I would love to continue with NG in the future, but it just didn't seem to be in the cards this year.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Money and time (including time off of work) have always been my issue on why I couldn't attend NG over the years. This year the date was the main factor. There were already plans in place for going to The Shootout and people depending on me as a ride there.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

A constant work in progress. Feedback Score 0 alexw3000gt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Shootout.
    1995 3000GT VR4 - pearl yellow 1 of 42 - race car!
    1992 Stealth ES - saved from the junkyard - community loaner car
    1996 3000GT base - purchased 2006 - WRECKED/PARTED
    1991 3000GT VR4 - rusty POS Edition - SOLD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alexw3000gt For This Useful Post:

VR-3747 :D Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) futurevr4man's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I have been to 5 of the last 6 NG's I believe. Maybe 6/7...

But regardless, this year landed on the first family vacation my family has planned, well, ever. So I had already told my mom I would attend that. Just bad timing.
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    For me, it was a combination of the date and location. I look forward to the NG every year and make it a priority when scheduling vacation. As many of you know, I recently started a new job in the Florida Keys. One of the restrictions they have on vacations is to limit them during hurricane season, they can and will cancel a vacation if a tropical system threatens the Keys.
    In late June, I think I could get away with a vacation because the chances of a hurricane are less. Late August, on the other hand, is peak season. Even with that, I could have gone if the drive was 2 days or less. If I was recalled from vacation, I could make it back before a storm would be scheduled to hit. With the NG being in Michigan, I'm looking at a 3 day drive back, probably not what my work wants to hear if they recalled me.
    I'm sorry to hear the NG is canceled. I just hope there's plans in the works for next year.

Member verified Feedback Score 0 DocWalt's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I've burnt through my vacation time (and money!) chasing the SCCA national level autocross events this year so NG was essentially never in the cards. The date this year was also unlikely to work due to other travel (personal & business) so that kinda sucked too.
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

STL3S president Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Timing, late august my kids are in school and as we used to make this a family affair that wouldn't work

Late notice, buy the time anything was remotely posted I had already made plans for the year for my vacation. Yes I could of move/changed some of it but see above

I think if the NG is to continue the committee should take this year to step back and regroup. And maybe plan for next year with announcing it by the end of the year. Just my two cents.

Monogamous Gigolo verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) 2fnloud's Avatar
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Late announcement made it impossible for Beth to get the time off of work. She has to put in all her requests by the end of October. We guessed the time frame, but guessed wrong and she didn't get the time off. Being in Michigan I would of been there, even if it was just me. But in August kids are into practices for summer sports, it just makes lengthy vacations difficult.

I truly hope NG continues, it is an event that I look forward to every year. I have made great friends that unfortunately I only get to see at NG.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast