Thread: 30 days, then it goes to the crusher.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks

30 days, then it goes to the crusher.

I'm officially done. I'm tired of being insulted by lowball offers, fucking assholes like 92vr4widebody (Aaron) who flake out on already stellar deals, and sick to death of a 3/s that has been a millstone around my neck after chaining myself to the wrong horse for year after year, project after project.

Bring a flatbed, take it all away. If you're not here by July 23rd, it's all going to the crusher. All of it. I'd rather it go to someone on 3SGTO than any assclowns on FB or 3sdie. I had 20 grand in reciepts in parts in 2011 alone--most of which is still brand freaking new and never been used. I'm not going to part it out and relive memory after excruciatingly painful memory. I'm dead serious about taking it to a junkyard & letting them turn every last bit of stage 3 heads, MHI turbos & stroker shortblock into a lovely hunk of smelt-ready metal.

If you're a REALLY honest person, you can consider payment commensurate to whatever value you believe my stash holds; but I know better than to dream of such ideals amongst the 3/s community I've known for 15 years.

PM me. I'm not going to hold anything. 1st who arrives wins.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    As of right now, it's looking like this is headed for a friend of the family. I'll keep you posted.

Administrator Feedback Score 3 (100%) Alan92RTTT's Avatar
    Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'd come take it if I could. I saw some of your posts in chat last night.

IMO, if you can't find someone to take it, find a storage spot for it and build it when you have time down the line. I can never part with my stealth. It will remain in the garage till its fixed or a die it will never be sold. Its my dream car and I will keep it.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 EmeraldRegice's Avatar
    Owner Since
    March 2016

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Can you explain where I can get more info about this vehicle and it's location? I want to know the price, condition, if you will part one or two parts off of it, the glovebox lock and the front bumper. Thanks in advance! On the 22nd/23rd I'm bringing my VR4 to Toledo for a tune, so if you are in that area of the country maybe I can make a detour and stop to see it in person.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    He's in Utah and the car is in Georgia, he said he will not part it out in the for sale thread.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'm in GA. Car is sitting in my garage along with all the parts I have for it. I will not part it out.

p.s.
    On a philosophical note:

This platform is dead. Probably one in a long line of platforms that FB is effectively killing off. As ABM said the night in chat, "nobody wants them unless they're a minty vr4/tt and costs <$5,000". That's why Josh is out of the game. That's why all the 3/s specific shops have diversified--just so they can stay afloat. The original project was a very alluring one; to have the only 600 AWHP (fully functional) ATX 3/s in the world. A slew of misplaced trust, a personal deficit in technical skill/ability, and an overall endeavor that was completely in uncharted territory (at least electrically)...was the kiss of death. The nail in the coffin wasn't immediate. It was gradually a realization that this was just never going to happen--and was going to bleed me dry in the process.

Auto manufacturers may end up making 600 AWHP cars available for public consumption someday...but they won't be 3/s pretty. The R35 is fugly, as is literally everything from Audi, BMW and Mercedes (imho). The 90's were a special time, and we got some very nice looking cars out of it (WS6, 3/s, MKIV, FD3S, etc). But they're all old, technology marches on--and 2010's sports cars are just fugly, overweight 1969 throwbacks. If there ever is a resurgence in good-looking sports cars (doubtful) it probably won't happen for another decade or two.

So honestly, if you're having trouble finding parts for your 3/s it means:

1. you're not looking hard enough, because there's tons of parts & lots of cars parted out

and/or

2. the value on the cars is so abysmal that even parting them out isn't worth anything.

I don't own a VR4! Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Is this thing still on the chopping block? Is it driveable?
    Your 1993 Dodge Stealth is one of 6351 that received VIN numbers. Based on the order of the serial numbers, your car was the 5212nd out of the 6351 that were made that year.
    Your car was built in the 3rd week of February 1993. Of the 47380 vehicles made at the Nayoga plant, your car was the 40537th vehicle to be created that year.
    There are 281 other cars that were made with both the same interior and exterior color. There are 779 cars with the same exterior color and 2316 cars with the same interior color.
    Note: The production order is assigned based on the order of the serial number.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    This is in the process of being relocated to a family friend.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since
    August 2010

Thanks
    keep my eyes on this one just in case..
    95 TD05 16G VR-4---540whp@24psi
    34XXlbs..