Thread: 1995 3000GT VR4 Spyder $18,500 OBO

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

1995 3000GT VR4 Spyder $18,500 OBO

1995 $ 18,500 OBO

I put the Spyder up on ebay...

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122079264749...84.m1555.l2649

Here is the info, Pics can be found in the eBay listing.

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
    3.0L DOHC V6 Twin Turbo
    6 Speed Manual Transmission
    All Wheel Drive

I have owned this car for a few years now and am finally ready to move on to the next project. The car is essentially Mechanically PERFECT. It starts every time and runs very strong on stock turbos. No leaks under the car, no smoke from the exhaust and no strange noises or smells. The transmission was rebuilt by Ray Pampena and shifts perfectly. Perhaps most importantly of all for this car (Spyder) the mechanical roof operates perfectly. The car runs/drives and pulls hard.

WORK DONE:

Brand new OEM 99 front end Conversion (Front bumper needs to be re-sprayed)

2 X Corbeau Sportline RRS seats with heated seat option installed and "shaved" (aka lower) Seat brackets.

OEM EVO VI MOMO SRS Steering wheel custom wrapped in Perforated Napa Leather

Seattle Bearing Loaded Short Throw Shifter with an OEM Titanium/Leather S2000 Shift Knob and custom Leather Shift boot/ E-Brake Handle

Pioneer AVHX5600BHS Head Unit

Kenwood KFC-6965R & KFC-1665R Speakers

Full 120K service (done a couple of years ago)

Jester Chrome ECU (Flash ECU)

Autometer Spek-Pro gauges ( Water Temp, Oil Pressure & Fuel Pressure)

AEM WB O2 (Gauge + Wired into Chrome ECU for data logging)

AEM TRU-BOOST

HKS SSQV4

3SX K&N Intake

3SX Stainless Pre-Turbo Intake Pipes

3SX Single Pass Aluminum Radiator

3SX UH11 Fuel Kit (Fuel Lab -- FPR, Filter, SS Lines, Loop & under hood pres. gauge)

CX-Racing Dual Core FMIC

3S Warehouse Side Mount Oil Cooler

OBX 3" SS Downpipe

Ray Pampena Rebuilt 6 Speed trans.

XTD Stage 2 Clutch

XTD Lightweight Flywheel

Tein Type-S Lowering Springs

Maximal Performance Adj. Rear Control Arms

Stoptech Slotted Rotors front & rear

Hawk HP Plus Brake pads in Front and HPS in rear

Goodrich SS Braded brake lines

XXR 552 Wheels 18X9 frt & 18X10 rear (will also include stock OEM Spyder chrome wheels)

Sumitomo HTR ZIII Tires (245/40/18 front & 275/35/18 rear) (less than 2000 miles on these)

The existing issues:

The car needs a good Paint restoration If not a full respray. As far as i can tell the car has its original paint and it has seen its share of sunshine in these last 24 years. It still looks ok from 15 -- 20ft away and when you drive down the street but once you get up close its evident the car needs at minimum a full Clay bar/buff/polish/wax type detail to really make it pop for now and eventually a fresh paint job to bring back its full luster.

Probably needs new Shocks soon. The car actually rides fine and doesn't really make any strange suspension noises but I'm pretty sure those are still the original Struts on the car and it would be wise to invest in some new ones sooner rather than later. I guess it's a good opportunity to upgrade to some coilovers...

It's a convertible. . . a 25 year old convertible. . . and while it seems to have been well maintained over that time (and definitely in the few years I have owned it) the rubber roof seals aren't as good as they once were. This means that at times you do get a bit of squeaking as you're driving especially if the car has been sitting for a bit. It tends to get better the more you drive the car. In heavy rain there is a drip that develops at the top of the driver's side window where the rubber seal meets the glass. It won't flood the car but it can be annoying if you are driving and you get a water drop on your left arm every 60 seconds.

The 3rd brake light on the rear wing isn't working, I honestly just haven't gotten around to looking into this might just be a bulb as the car does not have any other electrical problems at all.

The A/C has a leak/is not Blowing cold. When I first bought the car the A/C was blowing warm air, I bought one of those Recharge Kits and it worked fine and blew ice cold air for a couple of weeks Then I let the car sit for a week or 2 and it was back to blowing warm air. So, it has a leak somewhere. I have purchased a full A/C system Seal kit (will include in sale of car) but just haven't gotten around to trying to fix this. Honestly it's a convertible and when I drive it I usually have the top down and the A/C would be worthless anyway so it just hasn't been enough of an issue for me to worry about.

**ALL REASONABLE OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED**

2. The Following User Says Thank You to D.I.P. For This Useful Post:

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Beautiful car! GLWS.