Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fox body guys

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

fox body guys

what do you guys think about foxbodys?

So what do you guys think of fox bodies? they look extremely simple to work on and are very inexpensive to mod. 347 strokers seam to be as popular as a 13g/15g upgrade on a 3000gt. i looked up online about how much hp a NA carbureted 347 stroker makes, and most people say ~400rwhp. plus there dirt cheep. ive heard bad things about the stock block and 500+rwhp but im not sure exactly what happens of if theres a simple fix ect. anyone got any good experience with them? It might be cool to have a blown 347 stroker on slicks as a toy car for the weekends…
    the basic go fast bits...
    forged short block, Billet DR1000's, 680cc injectors, meth inj, FMIC, MAFT, Apexi Neo, hotwired 255lph fuel pump.

Tuned by Ray Pampena

Just a fun Daily Driver.

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I'm a fan of the Fox bodies. They are small, lightweight, RWD cars that can make a ton of power on smaller money.

But like DSM's its hard to find one that isnt already beat to shit or falling apart.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    I like em. They are slow as shit stock the 5.0s . Go sideways no problem though .

i have a friend who may be interested in selling his. its a good car, unmolested, and only 43k on the clock.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've had 2, still got one.

First was a 90gt it was fun, slow even with a couple bolt-ons but it was fun to drive around in, and the 5.0's just sound awesome.

The one i still have is a 88? i think its been a while, its the SVO model which was pretty fun as well. Its a 2.3 turbo from the factory, comes with a better suspension, brakes and its even 5-lug from the factory. It was a pretty quick little car.

They are cheap to mod thats for sure, and if you know what your doing they can be pretty quick relativley easily.

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Wrench Monkey Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    One of my buddies at work has one with a 347, makes around 450hp. The complete engine setup cost him $4200. That's assembled, dyno'd, and delivered to his door. Thing is evil on the street.
    1997 3000GT VR4 - Solano Black Pearl - E85 - E316G-BIG - All the boost
    1993 3000GT VR4 - Maroon/Blacktop - Back to stock/Restoration
    1994 Stealth R/T - Primer - Parts store

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin@STM View Post
    I've had 2, still got one.

First was a 90gt it was fun, slow even with a couple bolt-ons but it was fun to drive around in, and the 5.0's just sound awesome.

The one i still have is a 88? i think its been a while, its the SVO model which was pretty fun as well. Its a 2.3 turbo from the factory, comes with a better suspension, brakes and its even 5-lug from the factory. It was a pretty quick little car.

They are cheap to mod thats for sure, and if you know what your doing they can be pretty quick relativley easily.
    that 2.3 turbo is pretty sweet. a friend of mine was telling me about them.

i ended up joining mustang forums and it seams like a pretty cool site. the turbo/sc/nos section is semi dead but other than that its ok. there kill stories of vr4's are a pretty good read. most people give the vr4 credit, but there’s always one who says there slow and heavy. in general its kinda close to this community where almost everyone is 'down to earth' and not full of ricer hype.

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    Thats pretty suprising I suppose all them ricers are to dumb or lazy to get online.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    My friend has a foxbody collection in his yard. With a few hundred bucks and a good pick-n-pull they can be decently quick. I really want a notch but the clean ones are a little pricier.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    i was surprised to find out that most people who want a fast fox actualy [I]want[/I the notch. for some reason ive always hated the notch but ive got to atmit, those things are light as hell!