Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1999.5 Audi A4 1.8 T With APR Stage 3 Kit

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

1999.5 Audi A4 1.8 T With APR Stage 3 Kit

IMG_1483.jpgIMG_3190.jpgAudi.jpgIMG_7460.jpg

Sup guys?. This is my car. My blue SL you see in one of the pics was totaled, and I used the insurance money from that to buy my Step Father's Audi. The Audi is in great shape for the mileage (160K) and it is noticeably faster than my SL.

I have one simple question, is it worth it to take this car to the track and risk breaking it? My parents would murder me if they knew, so I have to pretty much lie about where I'm going to be tomorrow night if I decide to do this.

So again, is it really worth it? This car is my DD for College and Work. My Step Father really took care of this car.

Diamonds and Rust Feedback Score 1 (100%) gltasn's Avatar
    Owner Since
    1-11-01

Thanks
    your money, your car! i wouldnt race my car if it was a dd!

Owner Since

Thanks
    What about the fact that it was my Step Fathers? I feel like it wouldn't be right "sneaking" up to the track to do this.

But at the same time, I want to see were my car is at in terms of 1/4 mile time and trap speed.

Owner Since
    1-11-01

Thanks
    at 160k id keep her a chick magnet and keep it clean and nice. look on youtube for vids of a car like it doing a 1/4 mile and use that for reference and, save on the wear & tear on a high miles car.kinda hard to explaine a snapped timing belt(or anything freaky) and a tow from the dragsrtip.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Good point gltasn. I actually managed to snap my accessory belt my first time at the track with my SL. Tried launching it like a VR-4, pretty dumb.

Even if I did go I won't be doing any 6K clutch dumps, maybe bring it up to 3K and ride the clutch a little and just see what it puts on the board.

Any other thoughts?

Owner Since
    1-11-01

Thanks
    im the opposite. i built a car that can run 10's everyday and i wont take it to the track. i dont want to put the hard wear & tear on it or show off and fuck something up. i like to think i built a supercar and not a race car. dont get me wrong i enjoy the shit out of her and experience what she can do but, only did one 4500 clutch drop years ago and after 30 feet of all wheels smoking i was like, ok funs over, and have done it since.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 DrkZide's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    What bumper is that? I'm about to upgrade to an S4 bumper. The RS4 is too much work for my taste.

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit
    "De Oppresso Liber" - "Nous Defions"

Forum User Feedback Score 13 (100%) Austin@STM's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Im all for racing, but in this case it just doesnt sound like its worth it. Its not worth the issues that i could cause if it broke or if they found out.

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Owner Since

Thanks
    @ gltasn Damn dude burning all 4 tires?! What is your setup?

@ DrkZide It's an RS4 bumper. Friend of mine has a white 2000 S4 with the same bumper, looks sick. Pretty sure it was modified to make fit on the A4 front. Don't really know how involved the process is, had it done by a shop after a small front end collision my Step Pops got into.

@ Austin@STM You are right man it really isn't in my best interested to do this. Lets just say I do it anyway, knowing the risks, what do you suggest I do to give my self the best chance at not breaking anything. Like tips on launching and shifting. The car likes to "sputter" at high rpm's a little (Only thing I really noticed in terms of problems right now with the car).

JNS Engineering verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jimvr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    My son has a 2000 A4. I've worked on it a few times already, putting on new brake pads, R&I the ABS unit after repair. IMO the car is not easy to work on. Rear brakes were a bitch to do since you need a special tool to adjust the parking brake mechanism. Oh, yeah, I almost forgot his driver's door regulator broke (it has plastic guides in it and it's riveted on to the frame. Parts aren't cheap. I wouldn't mod it unless you're prepared to spend money to fix it when it breaks. Especially since you said its your DD.

Mod list (scroll down the page)
    JNS Engineering has your Spyders covered (and uncovered too!!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast