Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omaha, NE; For a visitor what are the things you simply have to do there???

Padawan garage troll Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Roybatty's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Omaha, NE; For a visitor what are the things you simply have to do there???

The wife has a conference there at some university for the next couple of days; she will be presenting some obscure topic on colonialism and post modern German literature and Medea....don't ask I just help her proof read... and she will be listening to similar lectures.

Does anyone have any site seeing tips or reccommendations on places to go for a good meal?
    91 AWD TT
    K&N FIPK, Precats gutted, Test Pipe, Blitz DSBC, Walbro 255, Vacuum reduction, SM3, MMCd, Krank Vents, 3SX Aluminum Crank Pulley, Aluminum 2PC DS, MAFT Pro (AFC mode atm).

To do list: Need to check electronic timing, install FP hotwire, install PS poly MM, RUACAs, Setrab oil cooler, Dejon Y-pipe, 3.5 GM Mas, FIC 650ccs & 13Ts.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) onebadmollafolla's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I can answer any questions you have about Omaha. As far as meals go options are endless. IIRC we have more restaurants per capita than anyone in the world. What are you looking for? If you have time, I'd highly recommend going to the zoo. Honestly, it's one of the greatest zoos in the country. My question is, what do you like/want to do more specifically? If you want, I can drop you my number and you can shoot me a text/s or a call if you would like. When are you planning on coming down?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to onebadmollafolla For This Useful Post:

Lord Master Smacktard supporter Feedback Score 0 Kagato's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'll second the motion for the Henry Doorly Zoo if there's time. I make at least several trips up there a year from Kansas City just to go. As for food, unfortunately I typically hit the fast food when that way so don't have any recommendations.
    You found God? If nobody claims him in 30 days, he's yours!

Forum User Feedback Score 0 thestealth's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Loess Hills Scenic Byway.

Who are you kagato?

Forum User Feedback Score 0 1993RT/TT's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Drive a tractor through a corn field and eat a Runza lol just kidding, the zoo is really amazing though you could easily spend all day there without getting bored.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadmollafolla View Post
    I can answer any questions you have about Omaha. As far as meals go options are endless. IIRC we have more restaurants per capita than anyone in the world. What are you looking for? If you have time, I'd highly recommend going to the zoo. Honestly, it's one of the greatest zoos in the country. My question is, what do you like/want to do more specifically? If you want, I can drop you my number and you can shoot me a text/s or a call if you would like. When are you planning on coming down?
    The wife and her partner arrived at the Marriott downtown Omaha yesterday; she was surprised about how rural it was, and commented that she would like rush hour traffic there, we are on the east coast. I explained to her how the coasts are dense; but the interior has a lot of open spaces. The conference goes on till this Saturday; they are giving their presentations Friday. They are thinking of the Farmers Market on Saturday, but I believe that will take some time; heard its huge. I mentioned the zoo to her, but that may be a lot of time for them also. I guess a good steak place recommendation would work.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roybatty View Post
    The wife and her partner arrived at the Marriott downtown Omaha yesterday; she was surprised about how rural it was, and commented that she would like rush hour traffic there, we are on the east coast. I explained to her how the coasts are dense; but the interior has a lot of open spaces. The conference goes on till this Saturday; they are giving their presentations Friday. They are thinking of the Farmers Market on Saturday, but I believe that will take some time; heard its huge. I mentioned the zoo to her, but that may be a lot of time for them also. I guess a good steak place recommendation would work.
    The zoo is right outside of downtown so you could probably make that if you wanted to. As far as traffic goes, it's usually not too bad unless you're on 1-80 during rush hour. With two separate interstates going through here it makes travel relatively quick. You can pretty much do anything in the Farmers Market. There are a lot of micro breweries and fine dining there. They also have some pretty wild bars that have been restored in old old brick buildings down there such as the Underground, which is literally underground and not easy to find. If you are wanting a good steak, that won't be hard to find. Pretty much any of the nicer restaurants in downtown area are going to be able to provide that. If you can make it to 84th and F (blank spot in Omaha) there is a place called Anthony's Steakhouse. Honestly, you can't go wrong there, it's phenomenal. Honestly though, if you just want to look for something to do as you look around just walk around the Farmers Market. Countless places and things to do there. Just don't go too far north of that area as that's the part of town where "they rapin errbody out there."

Member verified
    supporter
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Holy shit. "eat a Runza" lmao. You definitely need to eat a Runza
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Owner Since

Thanks
    I second that Runza is the shit. Get the sandwich (different kinds) called the "Runza."

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    LOL, ok, she read the posts the other day and thanks you all. I asked her to get me a Runza on her trip back, ya'll have piqued my curiosity on it, but after googling it I hope it doesn't give me the Runzas.

I tried to explain that "rapin errbody" is just an expression, like taking advantage of, but she plans to stay out of the north area either way lol. She loves it there, mainly because of the dearth of traffic, great food, beautiful landscape, clean (no graffiti etc), and friendly people. I explained that country folk err like that, she is used to Baltimore/Washington area (University of Maryland, College Park).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast