Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Returning to stock ... considering something I never thought possible

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Well, even if you decide to sell the VR4, I'd let out that the Supra is for sale as well; let it's rarity work in your favor, price-wise.

If it doesn't sell, fine - if, however, someone makes you an absurd offer...
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Formerly OwnGTP/WantRTTT
    Owner Since
    April 2004

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Well, even if you decide to sell the VR4, I'd let out that the Supra is for sale as well; let it's rarity work in your favor, price-wise.

If it doesn't sell, fine - if, however, someone makes you an absurd offer...
    EVERYTHING is for sale . . . for the right price.

If someone walked up and said they'd give me $15k cash for the Stealth I'd have that title signed over so fast their head would spin.
    Tony M.
    2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - There's Only One.
    1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo - Gone but not forgotten . . .
    “The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.” -- Author Unknown

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
    Thanks for all the replies!

Adding on to the garage is really not an option given our lot and the way the house is built. We didn't have enough vision when we were house hunting last time.

I'm really surprised no one has said keep the Supra. It's 1 of 34 brought here in 1997, and who knows how many are left at this point.

I'm going to turn wrenches more on the VR-4 today when I get home. My goal is to have the rear 9B back on the car and button it up before 9:00 PM. Should be an interesting evening...
    This is a 3s forum, so the replies will be biased, but with the Supra, you seem to be allowing what others think and the "rarity" of the car dictate what you do. In the end, unless you're just collecting cars or starting a museum or something, the fact that that car is 1 of 34 means very little. Each car you own is 1 of 1 and you know what value it holds in your mind. You may really get a kick out of having a rare car and telling people how rare it is. If that's the case, then mabye the supra is of more value to you, but it sounds like you like the 3000gt more.

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    Im with Austin. Pix please. Id prolly keep the Supra because its rear wheel drive hahaha.

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Sell the Soop and 335i!

Need pics for a valid answer.
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

Devoted Darkling
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Supra:

VR-4:

This one is just fun:

Wow...

All of our pics are OOOOLLLLLDDDDD. The VR-4 has clear markers and red diamonds in the Mitsu symbols on the rims. Other than that the pics are accurate.
    2017 Chevy Volt: Daily Beater - More range, more savings!
    2015 335i Sedan M Sport: Replacing the 2007 335i... may it R.I.P.
    1994 3000GT VR-4: 12.835 @ 109.40 (stock injectors...) still have it... for now...
    2007 335i Sedan: Totaled while sitting at a red light...
    1997 Supra TT: Gone to the land of the Red Wings

"The world might end the night might fall :: Rain on down and cover us all :: And drown us with the burdens of our sins" -- Shirley Manson
    "I'm very, very famous. Not a lot of people know that." -- Geoff Achison

Devoted Darkling
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin@STM View Post
    Ok i'll be that guy. Can we see picks to know what were judging here, and so we can all drool...
    Heh... if the Supra were totally, 100% mine I'd trade it to you for your Stealth.

My first VR-4 was that color and I *thought* I wanted a white one. What I found out the hard way is that green one was the car for me, and like an idiot I sold it. The white one has lived in the green car's shadow since I've had it.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
    Heh... if the Supra were totally, 100% mine I'd trade it to you for your Stealth.

My first VR-4 was that color and I *thought* I wanted a white one. What I found out the hard way is that green one was the car for me, and like an idiot I sold it. The white one has lived in the green car's shadow since I've had it.
    Deal!

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Devoted Darkling
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    I truly wonder how much higher a Supra will appreciate. $30k+ cash in your hand certainly wouldn't be something to sneeze at.

Shoot, considering the cars in your garage, I'd probably sell the Supra and VR-4 and get something else, but that's just me. $40k+ cash in your pocket, buy something reasonable in the $10-15k range, put some money into your house, put some money against your mortgage or retirement accounts.

Just adding another perspective.

If you're going to keep one, I'd keep the Supra, you can get a VR-4 anytime in just about any condition.
    I'm loving my retirement account right now! It's almost doubled this year. Of course, that is because it was basically cut down by 1/3 in 2008. Stuffing more money in there is always a good idea.

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    Id have to keep the Supra .