Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TT Downpipe Options

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

TT Downpipe Options

Hello, so im almost done with my TT conversion and im going to need a new downpipe. I wanted to just get an aftermaket one now instead of getting a stock one and upgrading. What would be a nice, cheap one with a flexpipe that you know of?
    Also what do you think about the ebay ones?

Thanks

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    I've got my eye on the cat-delete down-pipe (with flex-pipe) from 3SX, partly bacause I can take the stocker off intact and store it.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I run the IPS 3'' DP with precat and main cat delete. It fits perfect, its rather light, and is a nice looking peice, very well designed.

-Austin@STM

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    ebay tt downpipe + flex pipe. weld in the flexpipe & bam; downpipe for ~$120.

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    ^^ What he said ^^

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post
    ^^ What he said ^^
    here. i'll even save you the hunt:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-99...item563de4e5e6

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Exh...item255d6d3ecc

heck, there's a lot more than that to choose from. yeah, you won't be able to run a cat. oh freaking well. get some high quality mufflers & dynamat. you don't want to run it with a 3" single shot. trust me, i know.

p.s.

if people want to pay $300+ for something that can be obtained for ~$120 (and has been proven to work)--then let them continue to complain how much it costs to own a 3/s. i have every respect for 3/s specific vendors; but this is one of those cases where i just scratch my head & go WTF?
    Last edited by IPD; 10-04-2010 at 10:02 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IPD For This Useful Post:

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    here. i'll even save you the hunt:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-99...item563de4e5e6

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Exh...item255d6d3ecc

heck, there's a lot more than that to choose from. yeah, you won't be able to run a cat. oh freaking well. get some high quality mufflers & dynamat. you don't want to run it with a 3" single shot. trust me, i know.
    LOL yea I didnt have a cat even when I was na. That looks nice but, I was kinda trying to get one with the flex pipe already on, since I dont have a welder on hand.
    Has anyone ever ran one without the flex section? I know its not smart but just wondering. Also is that cat a high flow one?

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo_SME View Post
    LOL yea I didnt have a cat even when I was na. That looks nice but, I was kinda trying to get one with the flex pipe already on, since I dont have a welder on hand.
    Has anyone ever ran one without the flex section? I know its not smart but just wondering. Also is that cat a high flow one?
    i wouldn't run a solid downpipe unless i had solid motor mounts. period.

if you want a hi-flow cat, then you're on your own. you'll probably have to settle for a stock replacement, or a replica thereof.

if you're going to let something as trivial as not having a welder stop you from saving $$$, then you probably deserve every bit of wallet pain that a 3/s imparts. evan took mine to an exhaust shop (but only because he wasn't 100% certain of welding stainless). i suggest you find a buddy or an exhaust shop that will do it for you. it's not even a $50 job. we're talking 15 minutes tops (assuming the guy isn't a complete moron).

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    i wouldn't run a solid downpipe unless i had solid motor mounts. period.

if you want a hi-flow cat, then you're on your own. you'll probably have to settle for a stock replacement, or a replica thereof.

if you're going to let something as trivial as not having a welder stop you from saving $$$, then you probably deserve every bit of wallet pain that a 3/s imparts. evan took mine to an exhaust shop (but only because he wasn't 100% certain of welding stainless). i suggest you find a buddy or an exhaust shop that will do it for you. it's not even a $50 job. we're talking 15 minutes tops (assuming the guy isn't a complete moron).

lol I didnt mean to put high flow cat. I meant a high flow downpipe and trust me, im the cheapest person you will ever meet! I have never been about brands. I was thinking it would be cheaper to find one with the flex pipe already on it. Guess not, so this here what you showed me will do.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    And there is no way in hell I would pay 300 for a downpipe!!! WTF