Thread: New engine!!! :d

SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

New engine!!! :d

I finally found an engine here locally that I can put into my car! I've put my downpayment on it to boot It's got only 95,000km on it and is in great shape.

There's a funny story about it too. I had been looking since about August for an engine and the only other T/T 3/S running around town was that of an older gentlemans. and absoloutly ZERO in the scrap yards. So just out of desperation I phone the auto wreckers just before paying for one online for around $3,500 which would've completely draind the bank account . Upon phoning them I talked to a "cranky ass-hole" so I put an end to that and asked to speak to the manager who I know quite well, I asked him if they had anything for my car and to my supprise they did . He told me to come down and take a look at what they had. when I got there there was a pearl white 1992 3000GT with the ass end completely torn off... It was the car of the older gentlemans! (He's okay, and walked away) Some little old lady plowed through a red light on her cellphone and took him out. I managed to pick up the near entire engine bay for a mere $1,750, at this price and with it being local I can make a payment plan over the course of the winter as I can't get my car to the shop anyway I'll have a complete documentation of my engine drop and share it with everyone once I get underway with it. My plans are for the most part keeping things stock, but throwind all the "pretty" parts from my sig engine pic onto it rather than going for a balls to the wall setup like I planned to. If I'm allowed to I'll post up some pics of the other gentlemans misfortune. One 3S down to save another Shame that one didn't make it really, it was in phenominal shape.

So... I'm feeling pretty stolked about this all and just figured I'd share
    Photobucket

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Congrats on the find and saving money

SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlez94 View Post
    Congrats on the find and saving money
    Thanks man! This is the biggest shread of luck I've had since owning my Stealth, hopefully all continues on the path it is.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'm happy for you! I know what its like to not have the needed funding for your car. I've had two rebuilds so far. Neither of which I should have been able to afford(but somehow I came up with the money). Ill never buy a JDM dropout again thats for sure.

I hope to swap goes well!

SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpdDmnVR4 View Post
    I'm happy for you! I know what its like to not have the needed funding for your car. I've had two rebuilds so far. Neither of which I should have been able to afford(but somehow I came up with the money). Ill never buy a JDM dropout again thats for sure.

I hope to swap goes well!
    Well... I had the money lol, but I foolishly blew most of it on things that I really didn't "need" Just thought I did and wanted. I blew an ass load of money on a 3.5 stroker kit that well, is usless for my town. I pretty well nickel and dimed my savings away on crap. But Now that I have a motor lined up and a plan to pay for it I will be able to drive the only one left in my town again I'm sure the transplant will go off without a hitch as long as I don't run into any missing parts

Nice find man.. should have bought the entire car for parts if it had that low of mileage. Last I heard you were going to scrap your stealth though... glad you decided not too. Definitely keep this thread updated with pics.

SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteR/T View Post
    Nice find man.. should have bought the entire car for parts if it had that low of mileage. Last I heard you were going to scrap your stealth though... glad you decided not too. Definitely keep this thread updated with pics.
    Will do! I just couldn't do it. I had a flat bed on its way to my house and was litterally almost in tears with the thought of it being gone. So I told the auto wreckers to take a hike, they had the wrong adress There's always the option to buy it up later too, in the long run it'll end up costing much less with the engine out of it. If I do pick it up however somone will have to give me the lowdown on how the shipping and paypal thing works lol. I've never used it before and wouldn't mind helping some folks out with missing parts.